• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Import Gathering at Hecksher State Park on Long Island

Hey guys, this weekend is going to be the first "Import Island" of 2012. There is usually 200+ cars for this gathering throughout the day.

RobD will be going with his 05 Silverstone
Ben will be going with his Black 91
I will be in my 05 Imola

the meet spot for LI people are all over, but the one I will be going to is exit 13 on the SSP (the tourist house) and the convoy will be passing through around 130p. Last year the car line was over a mile long and two lanes wide cruising together there.
anyone else interested?

I will say there is a wide range of ages. Expect to see some kids in their riceburners and others like my friend in his Porsche GT2 and everything between.

https://www.facebook.com/events/274583449264452/

Last edited:
I have a few things to do to my car this weekend like get a new battery, oil change and a detail however I might hitch a ride with Antoine or just jump on my bike. See you there, can't wait to see the imola.

I'm looking forward to it....wish I had my 05 updated with all my mods:biggrin:....but I'll be patient for the next one!

so, did you lose brain cells and iq points after going to this meet?

Not at all, We knew several dozen people there and everyone had a good time. Cops closed the park as too many cars were going there. Ended up having a second meet spot in farmindale. We stayed for a few hours and left. Had everything from rice rockets to my friends Spyker and all between. 5 NSX's total.

I'm a car guy and love all types of cars....I appreciate the passion and effort these guys put into their "car style". There were some in the crowd that we stayed away from....and some in the crowd that really knew our cars and showed it a great deal of respect....to most of the import crowd the NSX is the Holy Grail...

Your comment reminds of something I would read on F chat:rolleyes:

Rob and mikes cars is splattered all over Facebook. They really set a tone for that show and the NSX in general is highly favored. Thanks for the pizza rob, we had a blast.

I agree completely! F chat is certainly not like the Prime crowd that's for sure :biggrin:

I also agree 100% and for that matter, F chat doesn't measure up to the fine folks at Lamborghini-Talk either. By the way Steve, when are you going to sell me your car? :biggrin: :biggrin:

I also agree 100% and for that matter, F chat doesn't measure up to the fine folks at Lamborghini-Talk either. By the way Steve, when are you going to sell me your car? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Rich...on a serious note you are definitely #1 on my list of buyers. RobD was in my top 3 but he bought Mike's 05 Silver so I'm happy for him and just as happy for Mike when he picked up his new 05 Imola. When it comes time to sell, not because I want to but because I only have 2 parking spaces and will never drive or spend quality time with her, I will ask you first Rich! I can't think of a better owner out there that would truly appreciate her and give me visitation rights from time to time :biggrin:

Rich...on a serious note you are definitely #1 on my list of buyers. RobD was in my top 3 but he bought Mike's 05 Silver so I'm happy for him and just as happy for Mike when he picked up his new 05 Imola. When it comes time to sell, not because I want to but because I only have 2 parking spaces and will never drive or spend quality time with her, I will ask you first Rich! I can't think of a better owner out there that would truly appreciate her and give me visitation rights from time to time :biggrin:

Thank you :)

Don't even think about it Rich. You know you are a red man and change is bad. :wink:

Back