• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Important Question to all NSX owner with Wide Body Kit!!!

My NSX ist getting currently it's new look: it is getting the new wide body kit. Front fenders 20mm, Rear fenders 40mm, all in carbon.

My problem as just recognized: the wheel housing do not fit any longer into the fenders. What to do about it - how to proceed?

Wheel housing for wide body kits are not in sale - therefore my question to all NSX owner with wide body kit: how did you solve the problem? Or are you driving without wheel housing?

I just drive when there is no rain or snow, but I would like to stick to the wheel housing.

Please help - the car will be finished in 2 working days, until than I have to make my decision.

Attachments

• IMG009.JPG
    IMG009.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 215
same here.. no liners. I did have the body shop shoot a chip guard compound on the underside. I am woking on some carbon liners as part of a new undertray system.

I cut my stock fender liners and tried to mold them on the outer portion and sprayed the rock-guard on the inner portion. Probably if I had to do it over again would just leave them out.

Ben

I will use separately Carbon Parts! Taitec and Marga Hills

What are you doing with the cover from the clima fan? Without that Part, it would be dangerous for the fan! a bigger stone and the fan is broken!

no wheel liners. like vrooom does just some stonechip protection.

I'm using custom FRP/CFRP fender liners with Dzus fasteners.

Personally, I went through quite a few revisions using Fiberglass, and over time just learned what works and what didn't as I tuned my vehicle assembly skills. As always, parts fabrication and vehicle assembly is very time consuming.

Initially I tried going sans liners, but quickly found that was a mistake after about a year of heavy use.

The problem I've ran into is similar to others, in that flying road debris can be very significant with aggessive use, not to be under-estimated.

The result is often significant interior impacts from rocks and even smaller road debris, which at best makes a mess getting into places you don't want it.. and at worst can easily cause spider cracks to form in the thin fiberglass fenders; being quite visible in the fresh exterior paint.

Most of the damage I've come into has come not from smaller debris on the track on sticker compounds as you would think, but from thumb nail sized rocks, usually along public rock infested roads due to heavy construction. These medium sized rocks can get lodged in between the tread on street tires and when they fly off can cause decent damage to thin JDM fiberglass fenders at speed. I've even managed minor damage to the rear bumper from kicking up rocks, the point whereas it could well have gone through it like paper. Debris definitely carries momentum.

Of course, the nice thing about FRP is the ease of repairability. Live and learn.

In contrast, even having the nicer dry carbon parts to start, still most of the pro race cars and particularly WRC off-road race cars will use Kelvar to enclose the wheel wells and underside as the road debris will literally wear away the underside chassis and can be just brutal for them.

If you'll be driving the vehicle regularly, and what to curtail the possibility of any exterior cosmetic damage to the exposed CFRP and clear coat.. personally I'd reccomend at least having something to enclose the wheel well area or guard against rock chips and road debris, and do everything possible to make the general vehicle assembly as bullet proof as possible in this area.

Last edited:
Back