In our fs section JH4NA1156MT000929 SALVAGE and not clean

You made a serious mistake. Get your facts right and back it up before making ignorant claims about other peoples cars.

I ran a carfax, autocheck and did a full PPI at Mechanics Direct in MA before purchasing this car in 06. I would never purchase a salvaged car or do this crap. I just ran a Carfax to make sure. What you see is a mistake on the title and was fixed. I have reported this garbage to Admin.

BTW, thanks to you, I wasted 35.00 for the report. Man up and pay me back the 35.00 it costed me for your mistake.

Here's my proof:
DSCF0502.jpg

56577.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not supporting anyone's claim here, but this has happened to me before on a different vehicle. I ran the carfax on a vehicle before buying it in 2007. in 2009, just for kicks, I had another one ran. It was different and had a hit for an accident in 2004.

not saying this is the case, but it can happen =(

Rusky, let's see your Carfax report.

If it's different, then this thread has just cause.

If you made a mistake, I'd say you owe the owner a sincere apology at the very least.

Im on cell so can't copy paste full report but here is what I can copy:
. otor Vehicle pt. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL otor Vehicle pt. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL otor Vehicle pt. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL otor Vehicle pt. TITLE (Title #:003194F020) REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL POSSIBLE TOTAL LOSS -VEHICLE TIT REGISTERED TO AN INSURANCE COM otor Vehicle pt. ODOMETER READING FROM DMV otor Vehicle pt. TITLE (Title #:QT219356) PRIOR SALVAGE EXCLUDED/EXEMPT otor Vehicle pt.

You made a serious mistake. Get your facts right and back it up before making ignorant claims about other peoples cars.

I ran a carfax, autocheck and did a full PPI at Mechanics Direct in MA before purchasing this car in 06. I would never purchase a salvaged car or do this crap. I just ran a Carfax to make sure. What you see is a mistake on the title and was fixed. I have reported this garbage to Admin.

BTW, thanks to you, I wasted 35.00 for the report. Man up and pay me back the 35.00 it costed me for your mistake.

Here's my proof:
DSCF0502.jpg

56577.jpg

Hey i love your car, if it wasnt for the mileage, I would have tried to get it (cant because of financing...i need more than 24 months to be safe). This car is absolutely stunning, salvage or not. Its not... but just sayin....

You are not showing the whole carfax. The FIRST SALVAGE title was issued in WI not MO. The Salvage title certificate #s are different. I am not sure what the owner (I don't think it was you) said to the MO DMV to correct the MO title, but WI title is still branded and was not corrected. It is impossible for a different state to correct salvage title of another state. It has to be done in that state.

Your AutoCheck Vehicle History Report

1991 Acura NSX

Report Run Date: 2012-07-13 11:09:26.713 EDT

Report Summary

Class: Sport Car - Upper Premium
Engine: 3.0L V6 EFI
Country of Assembly: Japan
Vehicle Age: 21 year(s)
Calculated Owners: 6
VIN: JH4NA1156MT000929
Year: 1991
Make: Acura
Model: NSX
Style/Body: Coupe 2D

This vehicle's AutoCheck Score

The AutoCheck Score is a summary of your vehicle's history. It lets you compare similar vehicles with ease.
About the AutoCheck Score

This vehicle does not qualify for Buyback Protection

Unfortunately, this vehicle does not qualify for our Buyback Protection program.
About Buyback Protection

AccidentCheck
Reported accidents: 0

Title and ProblemCheck
Major title or other problem(s) reported

OdometerCheck
Your vehicle checks out!
Last Reported Odometer Reading: 105,216

Vehicle Use and EventCheck
Specific vehicle use(s) or events reported

View Full History

AccidentCheck

Not all accidents / issues are reported to AutoCheck.

Your Vehicle Checks Out! There have been no accidents reported to AutoCheck for this 1991 Acura NSX (JH4NA1156MT000929). AutoCheck receives its accident data from government sources and independent agencies, and based on the information available to us, we have found that no accidents have been reported on this vehicle.

Title and ProblemCheck

Problem Reported! AutoCheck's database for this 1991 Acura NSX (JH4NA1156MT000929) shows a negative title(s) or other problems. When reported to AutoCheck, these events can indicate serious past damage or other significant problems, and disqualifies the vehicle for AutoCheck Buyback Protection. Check the Vehicle Use and EventCheck for reported accidents.

2 Problem(s) Reported:

15 Title/Problem areas checked:

No abandoned title record

No damaged title or major damage incident record

No fire damaged title record

No grey market title record

No hail damage title record

Insurance loss title or probable total loss record(s)

No junk or scrapped title record

No manufacturer buyback/lemon title record

No odometer problem title record

No rebuilt/rebuildable title record

Salvage title or salvage auction record(s)

No water damaged title record

No NHTSA crash test record

No frame/unibody damage record

No recycling facility record

OdometerCheck

Your Vehicle Checks Out! AutoCheck examined the reported odometer readings reported to AutoCheck for this 1991 Acura NSX (JH4NA1156MT000929) and no indication of an odometer rollback or tampering was found. AutoCheck uses business rules to determine if reported odometer readings are significantly less than previously reported values. Not all reported odometer readings are used. Title and auction events also report odometer tampering or breakage.

0 Problem(s) Reported:

Mileage

Date Reported

04/10/1997

11/13/2000

04/30/2001

07/25/2003

08/17/2006

08/06/2008

08/18/2010

Vehicle Use and EventCheck

Information Reported! AutoCheck shows additional vehicle uses or events reported to AutoCheck for this 1991 Acura NSX (JH4NA1156MT000929). This includes reported vehicle uses such as rental or lease, and events such as whether the vehicle has been reported to have had a loan/lien or a duplicate title issued. Other events show if the vehicle has a reported accident and how many calculated accidents or if it has been reported stolen or repossessed. It is recommended to have pre-owned vehicles inspected by a third party prior to purchase.

0 Event(s) Reported:

6 Vehicle uses checked:

No fleet, rental and/or lease use record

No taxi use record

No police use record

No government use record

No livery use record

No driver education record

3 Event(s) Reported:

9 Vehicle events checked:

No accident record reported through accident data sources

Corrected title record(s)

No duplicate title record

Emission/safety inspection record(s)

Loan/Lien record(s)

No fire damage incident record

No repossessed record

No theft record

No storm area registration/title record

Full History

Below are the historical events for this vehicle listed in chronological order. Any discrepancies will be in bold text.

Report Run Date 2012-07-13 11:09:26.713 EDT

Vehicle: 1991 Acura NSX (JH4NA1156MT000929)

Event date

Odometer reading

Data Source

Details

03/04/1996

BELTSVILLE, MD

Motor Vehicle Dept.

REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL

03/10/1997

BELTSVILLE, MD

Motor Vehicle Dept.

04/10/1997

PALISADES PARK, NJ

Motor Vehicle Dept.

TITLE

04/30/1997

PALISADES PARK, NJ

Motor Vehicle Dept.

04/30/1998

PALISADES PARK, NJ

Motor Vehicle Dept.

04/30/1999

PALISADES PARK, NJ

Motor Vehicle Dept.

04/30/2000

PALISADES PARK, NJ

Motor Vehicle Dept.

11/06/2000

WAUKESHA, WI

Motor Vehicle Dept.

TITLE (Title #:003194F020)
POSSIBLE TOTAL LOSS - VEHICLE TITLED/REGISTERED TO AN INSURANCE COMPANY

11/13/2000

WI

Motor Vehicle Dept.

ODOMETER READING FROM DMV

02/28/2001

KANSAS CITY, MO

Motor Vehicle Dept.

TITLE (Title #:QT219356)
PRIOR SALVAGE
EXCLUDED/EXEMPT

Last edited:
A carfax was run on this site back in 05 here.

Looks clean at that time.

It was also for sale before that URL="http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55680&highlight=JH4NA1156MT000929"] here.[/URL]

I'm only going to post actual screen shots of the Carfax report since you claimed it was on Carfax, not some cut and paste job, from now you say is on "Autocheck". I'm not going to spend more money on Autocheck. All I know is this car's title is "not salvaged" as you are trying to prove. Whoever is responsible for inputting information in these reports obviously screwed up and it shows on the screenshot there was an error. Could well be they only bothered to correct the most important thing, the title, and not the other misinformation that you claim.

This car has been to the well known NSX body shop, San Pedro Auto in LB, where I had the fender replaced (stated in my add). Fabian (the shop manager) told me, Honda personally contracted his shop and trained them on how to properly repair NSXs when it first came out. Honda sent any NSXs that were damaged during shipment from Japan to the west coast to him for repair. He had nothing but praises for the car and surprisingly inquired about purchasing it from me when I wasn't even selling (means allot coming from him). He even went to say, my car body panels lined up better than most NSXs that came straight from the factory. My apologies to all, but I get very defensive if someone ever accuses me of something badly.

Anyways, I'm very frustrated right now and need to calm down.

If it means anything at all, I can definetly vouch for my close friend Louis (AdvansCPAP) that this car in fact has a clean title. This is the guy that motivated me to get an NSX in the first place. Louis is probably one of the most pickiest people I know when it comes to buying mods for his NSX and is keen on keeping it well-maintained. He never intended on selling it. I dont know anyone that would spend 20+ hours threading red stitch, all by hand, into an interior that would soon be sold. All the modifications and upkeep of his car are second to none and has never failed to pay full attention to detail with respect to anything that has to do with his car.

If it means anything at all, I can definetly vouch for my close friend Louis (AdvansCPAP) that this car in fact has a clean title. This is the guy that motivated me to get an NSX in the first place. Louis is probably one of the most pickiest people I know when it comes to buying mods for his NSX and is keen on keeping it well-maintained. He never intended on selling it. I dont know anyone that would spend 20+ hours threading red stitch, all by hand, into an interior that would soon be sold. All the modifications and upkeep of his car are second to none and has never failed to pay full attention to detail with respect to anything that has to do with his car.

I don't understand how you can vouch car is clean titen there is clear proof its not. Its like me claiming someone didn't shoot someone because he is my friend and good person when there is video of them doing nyways I am done with this. The whole point was to point out to perspective buyers car was salvaged in past. I work in law enforcement and I wa ttaught to investigate when I see something that doesn't add up which I did.

According to your AutoCheck, on 11-6-00 it was listed as a possible total loss. 7 days later, it seems fine. It's not on CarFax and even the CarFax that was run in 05 seems fine. I'm guessing this was an error with AutoCheck back then. It's already been reported that the car is fine and no accidents. (buyer to verify) Unless the salvage is real and was simply from being stolen and not wrecked?

I don't understand how you can vouch car is clean titen there is clear proof its not. Its like me claiming someone didn't shoot someone because he is my friend and good person when there is video of them doing nyways I am done with this. The whole point was to point out to perspective buyers car was salvaged in past. I work in law enforcement and I wa ttaught to investigate when I see something that doesn't add up which I did.

Oh okay your right I left out an explanation about my vouching procedures. What I do is drive 8 miles down a couple streets, and end up at Louis' house. From there, he has a drawer (bottom left hand corner of his computer desk) where it is filled with NSX records and low and behold a CLEAN CALIFORNIA TITLE that I have laid my own two eyes on.

Congratulations on what you have learned in law enforcement. Maybe they can also teach you how to rack up a high i-<WBR>trader rating as well.

In all seriousness though, you do owe a huge apology to AdvansCPAP for putting his car on blast like that with very minimal and poor research on your part.

That AutoCheck report looks weird. I mean, no accident/theft/fire/flood/problematic records of any kind, and then BAM salvage title? :confused:

Given that the Carfax report says the salvage title was issued in error, I'd be inclined to give the car the benefit of the doubt, but I would still have a trusted third party perform a thorough PPI (just as I would with any used vehicle). I'd also contact my insurance company to verify that I can obtain a normal insurance policy for the car. If both of those things check out, I'd have no problem purchasing the vehicle.

Your AutoCheck Vehicle History Report

1991 Acura NSX

Report Run Date: 2012-07-13 11:09:26.713 EDT

Report Summary
VIN: JH4NA1156MT000929

AccidentCheck
Reported accidents: 0

No abandoned title record

No damaged title or major damage incident record

No fire damaged title record

No grey market title record

No hail damage title record

No junk or scrapped title record

No manufacturer buyback/lemon title record

No odometer problem title record

No rebuilt/rebuildable title record

No water damaged title record

No NHTSA crash test record

No frame/unibody damage record

No recycling facility record

No fleet, rental and/or lease use record

No taxi use record

No police use record

No government use record

No livery use record

No driver education record

No accident record reported through accident data sources

Corrected title record(s)

No fire damage incident record

No repossessed record

No theft record

No storm area registration/title record

---
11/06/2000
WAUKESHA, WI
Motor Vehicle Dept.

TITLE (Title #:003194F020)
POSSIBLE TOTAL LOSS - VEHICLE TITLED/REGISTERED TO AN INSURANCE COMPANY

---
02/28/2001
KANSAS CITY, MO
Motor Vehicle Dept.

TITLE (Title #:QT219356)
PRIOR SALVAGE
EXCLUDED/EXEMPT

Carfax and Autocheck are a total joke.

I've looked at cars that I've thought about buying that they both say have never been in an accident, but have been wadded up and killed. I've also looked at cars that Carfax and Autocheck say are pristine, never been wrecked cars that have been absolutely killed and salvaged.

You cannot put much faith in these two companies regarding what they assess as a "good" or a "bad" car right now.

It's very easy to take a car across state lines to "clean" a title from salvage to a non salvage car.

A "clean California title" doesn't necessarily mean it hasn't been salvaged in the past. Not saying that's what happened here, but I was burned in the past when I bought a "clean" title Supra back in the day. Carfax checked out too. Unfortunately I later found out that it had been salvaged in Florida and the title had been "washed" when it was titled in another state.

Don't want to take this off-topic or anything but the folks at the California DMV could have nearly issued me a clean title. During my visit to apply for California title, after paying all taxes and fees, the DMV clerk told me that my "title will arrive in the mail within two weeks" at which point I told her I wasn't supposed to receive one because there was a lien holder. Yes, apparently she had overlooked this. While pointing out the lien holder on my title application it was then when she noticed the Florida title being branded REBUILT. Had I not corrected her it would have been two serious oversights on her behalf. I'm not insinuating anything in regards to the vehicle discussed in this thread, I'm just sharing an experience showing that this type of thing can possibly happen and nearly happened to me :confused:

I agree with PHOEN$X, any car, NSX or otherwise needs to be gone over with a fine tooth comb. Apparently CARFAX and such may be wright, or may be wrong. A funky repair will usually look funky. IE metal structures not perfect, especially outer edges, parts that dont line up like they should, a second car is good for comparison, nuts and bolts missing or dont match, flaking paint on inner structures, parts missing, or not properly bolted on, poor color/paint match, and worst of all funky looking welds, such as just a few tack welds and they say "good enough, I am selling it, what do I care?" If a car has none of this, I would say either no accidents, or a very, very, good repair. You cant trust what some piece of paper says. It must be verified.

It's really semantics at this point with this car. I honestly believe the seller believes his car is clean and clear. Just as I believe another document says it isn't.

But none of it REALLY matters.The car look features a complete change from it's original look and has lost irreconcilable value though to us, it's a work of art. The year/mileage combo makes it no less difficult to finance than it would be if it were not a salvage title.

If you want to buy the car as an investment , then the year, mileage, and facelift suggest this is not the car for you. If you Want to buy the car because it's currently a work of art, then the salvage vs non salvage makes no difference.

And a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

It's really semantics at this point with this car. I honestly believe the seller believes his car is clean and clear. Just as I believe another document says it isn't.

But none of it REALLY matters.The car look features a complete change from it's original look and has lost irreconcilable value though to us, it's a work of art. The year/mileage combo makes it no less difficult to finance than it would be if it were not a salvage title.

If you want to buy the car as an investment , then the year, mileage, and facelift suggest this is not the car for you. If you Want to buy the car because it's currently a work of art, then the salvage vs non salvage makes no difference.

And a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Well said Teej

Back