• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Infotainment Lag

So it's been just a couple days since taking delivery of '21. So far, so good and really enjoying the car. Just had a couple quick questions for the experts:

1. From day one, I've had some issues with lagging infotainment. It seems to take a bit of time before the screen responds. I've heard others complain about this but is there a way to "reboot" the infotainment system just in case it's software related? I don't' want to go as far as pulling the fuse yet since everything still works. I may try to increase touch screen sensitivity to see if that helps.

2. Only happened once so far but Carplay froze on me and eventually had to turn on and off the car to reboot. Are you able to run Carplay and have the phone connected via Bluetooth (Hands free link)? Or is it advisable not to have my phone paired to Bluetooth if I am planning to use Carplay.

Thanks!

So it's been just a couple days since taking delivery of '21. So far, so good and really enjoying the car. Just had a couple quick questions for the experts:

1. From day one, I've had some issues with lagging infotainment. It seems to take a bit of time before the screen responds. I've heard others complain about this but is there a way to "reboot" the infotainment system just in case it's software related? I don't' want to go as far as pulling the fuse yet since everything still works. I may try to increase touch screen sensitivity to see if that helps.

2. Only happened once so far but Carplay froze on me and eventually had to turn on and off the car to reboot. Are you able to run Carplay and have the phone connected via Bluetooth (Hands free link)? Or is it advisable not to have my phone paired to Bluetooth if I am planning to use Carplay.

Thanks!

I’ve noticed problem 1 just a few times and hasn’t been bad.

Problem 2 has been a real annoyance and happens mid drive often. I read it was an iPhone software issue but even after updating still happens.

Item 1 is real, and rebooting won't help. It's not as bad as my 2014 MDX, but much worse than my 2011 ZDX.

Item 2 is bad enough that I just don't use Android Auto (I'm not an Apple guy, so no Carplay).

I ended up replacing my iPhone cable as sometimes I would have to wait for car play to function. Worst case unplug the phone and plug back in. Never had a freeze in this car. I could always change source and play Sirius. Even my 2017 Bolvo will lock up requiring my turning the car off then on again. The key seems to plug in your phone before you start the car.

Last edited:
Back