• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Initial-D, the movie (not animated version)

lol i hear andy lau is supposed to be takumi's pops bunta...
kinda funny to see chinese actors doing japanese characters,
should be sweet, would love to see the 4 wheel drift + gutter drop gum tape deathmatch crazyness :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

oh man... not yet ANOTHER Andy Lau film... :( That guy needs to take a break from HK flicks, but that's just my opinion

Is the animated version good? I have it but I've never watched it (due to time & other interests)

NeoNSX said:
Is the animated version good? I have it but I've never watched it (due to time & other interests)

It's definitely worth picking up the first few episodes at least. It does contain THE WORST, MOST HIDEOUS computer graphics I've seen in my entire life, however. :biggrin:

hahaha don't hate on the graphics :biggrin:
those are state of the art 1994 computer graphics hehe

actually the animated series has a heavy following and there are a few arcade games. needless to say although it is a 'cartoon' and is a bit exagerated at times the discussions on car physics are actually not horribly wrong (left foot braking and weight transfer smoothness etc) but other than that its horribly fun to watch. also it spawned a whole generation of japanese youth who now pay 2x times the original price for 1980s toyota trueno AE86's lol, i believe drift king keichi tsuchiya is the technical reference for the series as well

oh yeah and for you guys that have actually seen initial d, this might be a treat, ha, and you thought all those places were fake :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

00403792.jpg

00403793.jpg

00403794.jpg

00403798.jpg

00403797.jpg

00403796.jpg

00403795.jpg

I'm a total sucker of Initial D since 97 (oh maybe 98?) I don't think the Animation is 94, no?? It's funny that for some people who have car knowledge, they will be a lot more entertaining to watch, cuz, really, sometime the interpretation (either in Chinese or English) doesn't make sense at all.

I almost like every single cars in there... Still waiting when they featured a nsx beaten up by the FD or, AE86???

Sometime, it got me to thinking that maybe nsx is not included is for someone special later. Say another rich-kids team or maybe a gift for Takumi from the Drift King??? Not once, his dad kept impling that Takumi is going to total the car or something.

hahaha dunno if you know this but
Stage 4 is at like episode 13 or something already =)
my buddy procured them and they are pretty sweet :biggrin:

now we like to refer to the translations as ChingRish
it is truly a joy to see how horrible some translations are

as far as the recent arcade game
i spent enough money on Initial D stage 1, and stage 2 to buy
a set of short gears for my car LOL
then again back then i was still driving my 230k mile crx (which i still have)
lol which just happens to have super E-Brake Action

khappucino said:
lol i hear andy lau is supposed to be takumi's pops bunta...
kinda funny to see chinese actors doing japanese characters,
should be sweet, would love to see the 4 wheel drift + gutter drop gum tape deathmatch crazyness :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
From what my friend in Taiwan tells me, the movie is being shot in Taiwan. I've been to the races on the mountain roads in Taipei and the conditions are just like the Initial D movie. Jay Chou is Takumi (AE86), Edison Chen is Ryosuke (white FC), Jordan Chan is Kyouchi (Evo III), and Anthony Wong is Bunto (not sure if he's going to be driving the GC). There used to be a trailer for this movie but the link went dead. I can't wait for this movie to be released. :biggrin:
10703group_press3.jpg

10703article2-med.jpg

10703article1.jpg

10703jay_mov.jpg

10703crew_86_jay.jpg

10703edison_mov.jpg

10703jordan_mov.jpg

10703shawn_mov.jpg

Last edited:
I'm all for any new car movies :smile:

Every arcade i've ever been to big and small here in Japan at have at least two "Initial D" arcade games. Crazy

typerturbo said:
From what my friend in Taiwan tells me, the movie is being shot in Taiwan. I've been to the races on the mountain roads in Taipei and the conditions are just like the Initial D movie. Jay Chou is Takumi (AE86), Edison Chen is Ryosuke (white FC), Jordan Chan is Kyouchi (Evo III), and Anthony Wong is Bunto (not sure if he's going to be driving the GC). There used to be a trailer for this movie but the link went dead. I can't wait for this movie to be released. :biggrin:

In fact, the movie was shot in Japan, not Taiwan. They went to the same region as it is in the comic. :wink:

ajnsx said:
I'm all for any new car movies

Every arcade i've ever been to big and small here in Japan at have at least two "Initial D" arcade games. Crazy

haha i used to be ranked like 100000000th in the US region with my ITR

Back