• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Installed new Advans over the weekend!!

Well I was able to get out for a bit this weekend and get some pictures of my new setup. Thanks for looking, wheel specs below:)

Advan RS
Front:
17x8 +37 offset
Falken RT-615 235/40/17

Rear
18x10 +35 offset
Falken RT-615 275/35/18

IMG_6642copy.jpg

IMG_6654copy.jpg

IMG_6683copycopy.jpg

IMG_6683copy.jpg

IMG_6716copy.jpg

IMG_6733copy.jpg

IMG_6663copy.jpg

IMG_6664copy.jpg

John

Last edited:
I have a set of the Advan RS wheels on order and would like to run the same size front tires. Please let us know about any rubbing issues. Also, for either of you that posted pictures above, how much have either of you lowered the car and how?

Thanks

Damn, your wheels in gold look hot!! It is rubbing a lot more than I wanted. It does ride and handle amazing though. I think I may trim some fender lining I should be fine. Or I may just raise the front a little bit, but don't want too:(

Last edited:
I have a set of the Advan RS wheels on order and would like to run the same size front tires. Please let us know about any rubbing issues. Also, for either of you that posted pictures above, how much have either of you lowered the car and how?

Thanks

Like I said above it does rub on some pretty bumpy roads and while turning at full lock. If the wheel was in about 5mm I dont think I would have any rubbing issues with the 235 on dips and such. Im lowered on Tein Flex Coilovers around 1.5 all around, maybe a little lower.

Last edited:
Damn, your wheels in gold look hot!! It is rubbing a lot more than I wanted. It does ride and handle amazing though. I think about I trim some fender lining I should be fine. Or I may just raise the front a little bit, but don't want too:(

Thanks man! I really wanted to go to a larger size but I was concerned with rubbing. What ever you do don't raise it! It looks good the way it is now. I'm really happy with the wheel/tire combo too. I think triming the fender lining should help. keep us updated! FYI the 215's have no problems with rubbing.

Hell yes!

Great picts John - thanks for posting. I think 215/40-17 is definitely the ideal tire since the 235 is so much taller and the offset with this wheel is fairly aggressive. With a couple alignment tweaks and shaping the inner fender well and fender lip, you may be able to improve the rubbing though.

Thanks for the comments everyone, FYI I have noticed it doesn't rub at all when im the only one in the car. When there is a passenger it is a different story:rolleyes:

Looks angry. rrrrr

Looks good. I wanted the 235s but I didn't want the rubbing. It is definitely the best set up for handling though.

i have 235 with same wheel specs, rubs on full lock, when these tires are done, im going back to 215, possibly 225

FYI, for all the questions im getting on the 235 for the front. Last weekend I rolled my front fenders and heated up the plastic fender linning and pushed it out a tad and rubbing has not been an issue since. I have to say the 235 handles and rides like a dream!!

Nice, but the front tire looks too big. The sidewall is too large (larger than the rear) and which makes it look funny to me. Go back to the 215/40/17 like everyone is saying and that should solve your rubbing issues and make it more proportional.

Also, have you thought about tinting the front turn signals (maybe just smoking them)? Looks like you tinted everything else. . .

Last edited:
Looks good. I don't think i've seen your car before.

I have only had the for about 6 months so that maybe why:) Im loving every mile of her!!

Nice, but the front tire looks too big. The sidewall is too large (larger than the rear) and which makes it look funny to me. Go back to the 215/40/17 like everyone is saying and that should solve your rubbing issues and make it more proportional.

Also, have you thought about tinting the front turn signals (maybe just smoking them)? Looks like you tinted everything else. . .

Yes, I was actually thinking the same thing with the turn signals when I went to the darker wheels. It stands out too much I think, but then again I have never been a fan of the smoked look. As for the tires I actually prefer the more aggressive tire look for the front. In person I think it looks a lot better then the pictures shown. Thanks for all the comments everyone!!

Back