• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Installed Pride test pipes (to CC headers + ARK exhaust) video clip

8R6

Experienced Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-1eiQ1bQOI&t=175s

I just shared this on the prime fb page but figured some of us prime users here dont check the fb page since it seems the forum here is more useful in terms of providing info (although the fb page is great for quick responses when looking for immediate help).

Last week during the holidays I finally made a short video recording after I had installed the Pride Exhaust test pipes on my 95. So far I have cantrell headers and an ARK DT-X exhaust (both of these were from 2 previous owners ago). The ARK exhaust is more mild than i expected. It was pretty subtle with the stock cats and I thought the test pipes would make the exhaust note louder, and it definitely did, but the tone is still different from what I expected. Man, the exhaust piping really does make a huge difference in the exhaust tone/pitch. I'm considering switching to the pride V2 exhaust for this reason alone. I knew it made a difference, but didnt know it was THIS much different hahah. Anyway, just sharing a video clip so people can hear what it sounds like with this setup as i think most video clips online are mostly Pride V2/RFL, CT or GT-One setups.

P.S. - this is my second time dealing with Mark over at Pride, and man!! his reputation of top notch service is as legit as everyone says it is! two thumbs up and two big toes up to Mark for the awesome product and service! lol

nice,i just ordered some test pipes myself, and i'll be pairing it with the RFY V1(similar to the Gt one). just curious what Rpm are you getting drone?

nice,i just ordered some test pipes myself, and i'll be pairing it with the RFY V1(similar to the Gt one). just curious what Rpm are you getting drone?

im not sure if im just so used to having really loud cars, but i dont notice too much of a drone when cruising around. i know its there but i guess i sort of block it out somehow so sorry i cant really give a better answer thats specific.

that said though, when i really do notice it is when going uphill at any throttle lol. then even if its at 2k rpm, theres definitely a noticeable drone while holding the throttle steady.

Back