• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Insurance POLL

Progressive Ins.
91' NSX, Daily Driver
28 years old, Married, Own a home.
No Tickets, No Accidents.
$250 Deductable.
100/300/50 coverage
I pay $1840 a year, but this includes my wifes 96' Acura 3.5RL with the same coverage.
Also, I live in Miami, Fl which has very high INSURANCE PREMIUMS>

[This message has been edited by ZABADNSX (edited 26 September 2000).]

Originally posted by NSXY:

I have been with numerrous other companies, but AAA is the least expense and has the most services (maps, towing, DMV, etc.)

Thanks again NSXY for such helpful info.
As I said in my previous post I am currently paying $3000/yr to Farmers for my '95 NSX
Well, just got a quote back from AAA:
$2100/yr for TWO cars - the 95 NSX AND my wife's 95 Mercedes E320 (same coverage for both - 100/300/100/comp/coll $500 ded). I'll call tomorrow to add my other car (Toyota Landcruiser) and home to AAA policy.

Yo L5,

That's great. Make sure that you look at all of AAA's different discounts. I even got a "Good Student" discount for my 17 year old son's coverage. We're now paying only $2,320/year for me, my wife and son, including the NSX, 2 Lexi, and a Toyota truck. This is extremely low for the San Diego area, which is a high-cost location for car insurance.

Would you like to get together to look at each other's cars/compare experiences?

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Stock, except Dunlaptya SP9000s

$930 per/yr. 25, single, no accidents or tickets ever. $1000 deductable. Progressive Insurance Co.

But...Progressive doesn't know about the $30k in mods on the car. If I total this car, they'll cut me a check for the Blue Book value of a high mileage '91...nothing even CLOSE to my investment. Ughhh...

------------------
Red/Red '91. Comptech Supercharger. RM headers. Comptech exhaust. Short ratio gears. Ring and Pinion swap. RM racing suspension. 18/17 wheels/tires.

Originally posted by multisync23:

But...Progressive doesn't know about the $30k in mods on the car. If I total this car, they'll cut me a check for the Blue Book value of a high mileage '91...nothing even CLOSE to my investment. Ughhh...

[/B]

Luckly if you were to get in an accident you could take some of the mods with you for you next NSX
smile.gif

------------------
92 Red/Blk

Thanks Guys!!! Anyone else?

I am really getting hyped up about this now. I'm pretty sure I can afford it, not new of course...But when I am ready I will ask the board for help finding a car too. ^_^

I really appreciate all the info so far.

------------------
Got dat ol' vee six cilnder inder?

Someone asked about Washington state... I'm paying $1200/yr for a '91 with a $100 deductable through Pemco. I'm 30, married, no tickets, and told the insurance company I'd put about 5000 to 7500 miles a year on the car.

Ok, I'm new to the site, and have a 93. You guys are gettin killed here, so I hope this helps.
1)$379- 6 months
2)33yrs old
3)single
4)rec car (7,500 mi yr)
5)single car policy
Insurer.....AIG 1-800-807-9458
lemme know if you start saving hundreds a month!. Also. I'm looking for a 91-95 engine if anyone knows of one. thanks!
David.. Dallas Tx. JetLagSD@aol

[This message has been edited by JetLagSD (edited 10 October 2000).]

Back