• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interesting first day as a new owner

I just purchased my first NSX yesterday after seriously considering one for the past year, and I absolutely made no mistake. She's a 93 with 67k miles on her and relatively stock, which I wanted.

Now onto the story of the interesting night. I've always been a defensive driver after years of driving as part of my job and now as a police officer, but I was extra paranoid after picking the car up yesterday. So I'm driving downtown going back to my place when I'm about to roll through a light that's green and a random thought pops into my head of "What if someone busts that light and t-bones me?". So I slow down and look to my right (one way) and what do I see but a Scion toaster oven slam on the brakes and slide sideways after realizing hey my light might be red. I stomped it and narrowly missed getting plowed into by this woman who slides sideways into the intersection and throws her hand up like "What did I do, fuck off". I was slightly perturbed to say the least.

Fast forward a few hours later while I'm heading to work. I pass this truck on the interstate, put on my blinker and get in front of him and think nothing else of it. Apparently my jap mobile offended his 'Murica pride and he hauls ass up to tailgate me. I start coasting. He jerks over, speeds up and jumps in my lane trying to hit me/force me off of the road. I have to jump into the emergency lane to keep him from hitting me and then he speeds off. Slight mistake on his part. I get on the radio and get a unit to pull him over. After about 5 miles and up to 100mph he gets off of the interstate and I exchange a few words and realize he's DUI. He gets stopped, makes the mistake of jumping out of his truck and gets slammed into his truck while he says "Hey it's you in the Ferrari!". I have to leave to go clock in, but I wind up taking primary on the call once I get out of roll call. So, I get to write this asshole tickets and take him to jail. He tried to be a dick but I ended up making him cry twice I pissed him off so bad. So yeah, quite an interesting first night of ownership indeed.

It's nothing fancy but here's a couple of pics. Something I've learned is pictures really don't do these cars any justice at all.

Right after the purchase

YXvmBo8.jpg

I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep when got off this morning after the chaos of what happened so I went to a Cars and Coffee for the first time and found a couple of siblings.

T6aJVmT.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Nice pictures.

I haven't had any instances like you had on your first night of ownership. Other than a Utah State Trouper who pulled me over west of Salt Lake on my maiden journey home on I-80 west, doing 80 mph in a 75 mph zone.

I was polite as I always am to law enforcement. They are doing their job to protect us, or so it should be. There are always a few bad apples in any group it seems.

I might have been pulled over because I didn't have plates on the car, but I did have the DMV transport paperwork taped to the front passenger side of the window. He came up and saw the NSX by the door handle and asked "NSX, what's an NSX? Is it suppose to be super fast of something"
I said I wasn't sure, but it was probably the fastest car I've ever owned. He asked about the plates and I told him I just purchased the vehicle and was driving it home and had the bill of sale and DMV transport paper in the window.
He looked at my bill of sale, and then back at me like I was an idiot, when he asked "you paid that for a 91?" I said yes, and he sent me on my way. That was in March of 2008. And here I thought I purchased the car for a very good price.

Normally I may have people follow me to ask or see what it is. Or the people who pull up and want to see if they can get you to street race or something not very bright.

At least you have some authority to back you up when people are pains in the #*(

Welcome to NSX ownership. I was hoping to go to Coffee and Cruise this morning. They were suppose to have the Super Snake GT Mustang here today before it goes to the Barrett-Jackson auction in Las Vegas. But it was rained out today. :frown:

I should note I don't get pulled over very often.. well at least not since I turned 21 many moons ago. I was pulled over once since that maiden voyage back from Reno, NV noted above. And a couple years ago because I didn't have a front plate, so I received a warning and ended up purchasing the front plate holder that angles and folds away by SOS.

Also I wanted to note '93 is a great year. When I was looking I would have liked to have found a 93 or 94. They have the dual airbags and a few other slight modifications. Mostly for the safety of passengers. Plus it should be noted, you purchased the fastest color :smile: (I know that can open up a heated debate, sometimes requiring the famous flame suit.)

interesting night indeed! congrats on the NSX though, and thanks for busting the DUI d-bag. Hopefully he learns his lesson.

I had a similar experience when I first bought a new 1997 GSXR750 in terms of a road rage type incident. Guy was tailgating me while I was on my bike and then passed me on the double yellow. We got to a light and he gets out of his car wanting to fight. I get off the bike because I don't want to fight a guy while standing next to my brand new machine. Long story short the police come and they guy is DWI. He get locked up, car gets towed. The scary thing about both encounters is that we both had people that were pretty damn drunk driving like idiots in close proximity to us (you in your NSX, me on my motorcycle). It's really dangerous. Be careful out there.

Hahahahahahaha that story was classic

congrats!! nice ride!!

Back