• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interesting that the Real Time Racing TSX uses a stock NSX airbox

the mention of the NSX airbox is at 2:17 if you dont wanna watch the whole thing

It looks like those are the stock top and bottom halves of the airbox. The air gets in there through a nice big fat silicone hose though, not through the OEM NSX resonator/snorkel whose intake opening is actually smaller than the exit opening - good for noise reduction but not so good for horsepower. It would be interesting what kind of air filter Realtime put into the airbox.

The Realtime Integra R's also ran this set up with the headlight popped. I haven't really looked into the TSX or RSX's and how they set those up but the way it worked on the Realtime R's is the left headlight was popped and there was an intake that ran direct to the NSX airbox and the resonator removed and then from there it plummed directly into the intake manifold.

I would also like to know what filter they are running. I am running stock filter now, with the stock box and a DF snorkel. Love the sound!

I'm not sure what the exact specifications are / were for Touring but I saw the Realtime cars at Mosport back in like 01 or 02 and I wil tell you that they sound much more aggressive than a "stock" R. I know they ran test pipes and all that but the engine note was also way more extreme (loud) which is indicative of a lot of air getting in. By stock I mean any ITR I've ever seen/heard with an aftermarket intake set up.
At the time a lot of us R guys were trying to replicate how Realtime set up their cars but information was limited about how exactly they set things up. Realtime was pretty secretive about it and for good reason because they were winning all the races. A bunch of us on Honda-Tech kind of put the formula together though. The exhaust set up was Comptech 4-2-1 Header with straight pipe and again, a lot of the power came from the fact that the headlight was punched out so it would suck air directly from outside the car to the intake manifold. On my R at the time I had a Comptech 4-2-1 and a punched out cat and a short ram intake. The car wailed but the Realtime cars were still 2x as loud. I would speculate that while they used the NSX airbox it was probably modified or gutted pretty much and just a placeholder for the spoon filter (the blue one) that they were using. If you're really inquisitive there is a gentleman on here that bought Hugh Plumb's Realtime car. He is pretty active on ITRCA but also checks posts on here from time to time. I'm not sure what his username is on here though. You could probably convince him to take a look at the airbox to see what the differences are.

*Actually come to think of it the airbox couldn't really be gutted since there is nothing to gut but this thread gave me an epic idea for modifying my ITR.

Last edited:
The RTR type R still has the NSX air box with a UNI foam filter. The air intake is now through the parking light opening, When it raced in Canada it needed working lights. This caR will be at NSXPO track days at VIR in 2 weeks, come check it out!!!!!

Back