• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Intermitant noise coming from the front??

Noise at start up? On first rolling or on all the time? abs priming system perhaps.

In the past, it would happen just after I started the car and would only last for a few seconds and then cut off. This morning, I hit a bump in the road and it kept cutting on and off. Pretty loud. I got out to look, thought it might be a fan belt or something...but, I'm no mechanic, to say the least.

I would check the connectors for the ABS unit that is there, but I don't know if a loose connector could cause the pump to run; that strikes me as unlikely. Can you see any brake fluid leaking from the ABS modulator?

Go out and exercise it a bit. Go find your self as deserted road and try locking up the brakes a few times. Let the ABS work. This may stop it for awhile.

I had the same issue. The ABS pump would start pressurizing randomly after stopping at a traffic light.

I would try bleeding it before you do the exercise. You might damage the ABS unit when it constantly has to pressure up. You will probably find the same brown/white foam coming out of the unit like I did as nobody has changed the fluid within the last 15-20 years.

For bleeding, you need a special tool. If you can't make one you need to go to a dealer and borrow it or have it done for you.

After that, happy exercising :D

Bernhard

Back