• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is RM RACING products still in business?

I have bought a 1991 NSX and someone has put "RM RACING" decals on the sides of the car. It did not come with any maintenance receipts and I'm trying to research the cars maintenance records. If anyone here knows a good source for doing this I'd appreciate your help.
This is the most amazing car I have ever driven. I attend DE's about twice a year with my BMW and have had hot laps in Ferrari's, Panoz, several Porsche's (including a Turbo and GT3), and (for the money) this car is incredible.
Thanks - and Happy Motoring.

No, RM Racing has not produced NSX products for a number of years. They did make some Corvette C5 exhausts & intakes for a while but I don't even think they make those any more. They used to be located in Phoenix but I have no idea if they are even in existence these days.

Anybody else know?

You might want to post this question in the Vendors forum or ask a Moderator to move it there as that is the correct place for it and you'll get a better repsonse.
Good luck

RM stands for Randy Marchetti, if that helps.

Great muffler for the NSX, in both sound and execution.
Brian

Yea I too been looking to see if i could get any info.

My car seemed to have been serviced at RM and even has a bunch of parts from them. Would love to know what services they actually did to it.

Wow, blast from the past. I used to have their intake and exhaust for my Legend. IIRC, they really were the only alternative to Comptech, back in the day, but stopped making parts for the NSX quite a while ago.

As I understand, they were focusing on the Corvette and Ferrari markets.

No, R/M Racing is no longer. They did produce a good product though.

From what I have read, the R/M exhaust is still being produced under the B&B "Billy Boat" name.

Glad your enjoying the car.

Yeah RM switched markets a few years back. That was the last I heard from or about them. Fast forward to today, I don't think they are around anymore. If they are, then they are under a different name.

I was lucky to get one of the DTM exhausts back in 2000-2001 a year or two before they switched to Vettes and such.

Randy was one of the early nsx modifiers.He is best known for his nitrous kits.He did basic bolt on mods.His exhaust were BB triflows.afaik he transitioned into corvettes.

I am resurrecting this thread to say that I just got off the phone with Randy Marchetti (RM) and I will be posting that podcast segment within the next few weeks. I brought up stuff on this post during our conversation.

Thanks Jhae, I look forward to hearing that so please do post it right here in this thread!

I am resurrecting this thread to say that I just got off the phone with Randy Marchetti (RM) and I will be posting that podcast segment within the next few weeks. I brought up stuff on this post during our conversation.

Fascinating! Never was much info on the internet or prime about RM. I have the DTM exhaust which was put on by a previous owner. Curious to hear that convo!

I went to his store many moons ago when I was out west...

As promised.. you can get it one of two ways. Pure podcast audio or via YouTube. The full podcast audio has a few extra minutes of things Randy is doing that the YouTube version does not.

If you want to stream from your computer, this episode will be available on the main page of HardParkingPod from 6/12 - 6/18. Otherwise Hard Parking with Jhae Pfenning is available anywhere you normally get your podcasts.
Here is the direct episode link: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/...SX-Legend-Randy-Marchetti---RM-Racing-e25hvpl

Here is the YouTube: HardParkingMedia - RM Racing

Great interview, so here's a picture in tribute of the awesome RM Racing 'DTM' exhaust...BlackDawg_14.png

haha "tips up"

I had that exhaust on my 91- a beast!
Since we prefer a low rumble to a high-pitched scream, this muffler with the NA2 stock headers and stock cats sounds just perfect to us.

Thanks for a great design, Randy!

Since we prefer a low rumble to a high-pitched scream, this muffler with the NA2 stock headers and stock cats sounds just perfect to us.

Thanks for a great design, Randy!
My exact setup! It sounds nicely aggressive without being too loud or obnoxious. Doesn't drown out the induction noise when you're on it either.

Back