• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is the $30k down payment assistance over?

nice, so the dealer got the 20k delta from acura...

So I made a deal locally on a Black on Ebony well-optioned 2018 model and picked her up Wednesday night right before Thanksgiving. I'm super happy and have already put 200 miles on the car in just a couple of days. I'll start another thread with my questions and impressions but here's the deal I was finally able to work out:

MSRP: $179,100
Drive off: $6000 (includes 1st payment)
Monthly Payments (35): $1799
Residual: $91k
36 months, 7500 miles/yr, $0.20 for each mile over

Options:
Ceramic Brakes
CF Engine Cover
CF Spoiler
Interwoven Wheels
ELS Audio / Tech package

They basically had to knock about $39k off the car to make the deal work. Too bad the MF sucks these days cause my payments would have been a heck of a lot lower otherwise. But I'm happy with the deal I worked out. Now I just need to figure out where the heck to store it cause my garage is full.

Thank you to those of you who guided me on pricing and possible deals.

Congrats on getting the car. Not a bad deal considering it's a year after the big incentives were offered. If you are on FB, send a request to join the Second Generation Owners Group.

Congrats on getting the car. Not a bad deal considering it's a year after the big incentives were offered. If you are on FB, send a request to join the Second Generation Owners Group.

Haven't logged into FB since the 2016 Election :) But I'll look into it.

How many people do you recon actually got those crazy sub $1500 payments? And how well optioned were those cars? I absolutely LOVE the CF engine cover and spoiler and would hate to give them up even for sub $1500 payments. But yeah. I had no idea that was going on. I knew they weren't selling well but sub $1500 for this car is bonkers. A Mercedes S-Class will run you $1600 and that's nowhere near supercar nice. Heck a P90D is over $2k.

BTW, I didn't mention this explicitly, but my payments of $1799 include tax which in OC is around 8% I think.

There weren't many cars under $1500 as most dealerships, oops, I mean stealerships ordered highly optioned cars like mine and they sat for eight to ten months. My car had a $206,500k MSRP and I got pretty much the same deal as you. I also have an extra 10k in mileage on top due to my loyalty with Acura.

What about options???? Sales Tax???? 9% seems like a lot of discount. Back in the 2017 "hey day" I got 7% dealer discount on top of the $30K rebate ($43K total!!!)...... Not sure what mark up is and what dealers are willing to do today..... But certainly, Acura is repricing the car $20k with the rebate. It's not a $200k car anymore. But interest rates are way up in a year and that is driving up the cost through the money factor.....

But you are right that this is the price of a bare bones zero option car "IF" you could get 9% discount...... I'd look at it more like base MSRP is $139,300, plus options, less discount, plus taxes and fees.......

Back