• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is the $30k down payment assistance over?

2019 deals vs 2018 20k

ANything planned for 2019 or will it be straight MSRP?
Are you a broker/dealer? I'm interested in buying in the next month.

What are some of the discounts off MSRP? Are leases available at ~1300 like in Jan?
Not like they were for the 2017s. There were 200+ NSX sitting at dealerships (out of 9XX produced). There might be (20) 2018 NSX available. I haven't checked. But ours is #62 or something, so they'll be lucky if they break 100 units for 2018.

ANything planned for 2019 or will it be straight MSRP?
Are you a broker/dealer? I'm interested in buying in the next month.
Dealer.

Have a feeling 2019 will not have an incentive for a while.

I wonder if the dealer got $30,000 on the 17, it’s hard to not go back and remember the heavy duty deals that we had 6+ months ago. I definitely be interested if 27 off if they also have a little bit of Acura financing money? 20,000?

Last edited:
most of the guys who post here and got good deals worked multiple dealers hard ....they did a lot of legwork.

I wonder if the dealer got $30,000 on the 17, it’s hard to not go back and remember the heavy duty deals that we had 6+ months ago. I definitely be interested if 27 off if they also have a little bit of Acura financing money? 20,000?

I’m sure the 27k off includes one of the two incentives and I can’t imagine there would be much more off since they are giving 27k off invoice.

Hi all,
Just signed up here today. Been doing some reading on possible incentives and it looks like I missed the boat earlier in 2018 on the 2017 models.
It looks like inventory is very very low on 2018s. I'm in SoCal and I only see a single 2018 locally. Does that mean there are no more incentives to give lower lease rates?
I was hoping for a $5k down an less than $1500/mo for a well appointed car. Is that realistic?

there are only (6) 2018 in california.

the incentive is $20k instead of $30k.

standard money factor went up too.

the days of $1500 per month with minimum down are over.

Last edited:
there are only (6) 2018 in california.

the incentive is $20k instead of $30k.

standard money factor went up too.

the days of $1500 per month with minimum down are over.

What’s a realistic number ?

I leased a 2018 with a 178k MSRP. 32.7k off sticker and base MF.
$1,850 a month with taxes and fees up front. Residuals have dropped as well.
The ship sailed on those sub $1,500 leases but I still love the car!

I would be okay with that deal. When you say "taxes and fees up front" what do you mean exactly? How much did you have to put down to drive off?
The car I'm considering has exactly the same MSRP as yours and even though they're reducing by about the same amount I'm not getting anywhere near those payments.

I would be okay with that deal. When you say "taxes and fees up front" what do you mean exactly? How much did you have to put down to drive off?
The car I'm considering has exactly the same MSRP as yours and even though they're reducing by about the same amount I'm not getting anywhere near those payments.

Up front costs were approx. 9K which included first month, bank fee, dealer doc fee (it was an out of state purchase so they needed an outside title comp.), taxes ($5,800 NY city) and plates.

Up front costs were approx. 9K which included first month, bank fee, dealer doc fee (it was an out of state purchase so they needed an outside title comp.), taxes ($5,800 NY city) and plates.

Thank you! I assume this was a 36 mo, 12k/yr lease?

Thank you! I assume this was a 36 mo, 12k/yr lease?

No 36/5k but in the case of the NSX you should always take the lowest mileage (5,000) b/c they only charge $.20 a mile not $1.00 or more like other cars in this price range.
For ex. if you did 7500 miles per year that would cost you 1% on the residual or $1,800 on a $180,000 car. If you paid for those 7500 miles at the end of the lease it would only cost you $1,500. It would be a wash on a $150,000 car.
It's even more significant at 10k miles where the residual would drop by 3%.

Thanks. That makes sense. I'll have them redo the numbers and see how close we can get. I'm going back and forth between the 570s and the NSX and whichever one can write a deal that makes any kind of sense is likely what I'll go with.

I considered the 570 as well as the new Vantage. Can't go wrong with any of them. I don't think the 570S will lease anywhere near the NSX however. Local dealers are almost $800 to $1,000 more a month on those. Vantage's depending on spec are around $500 more a month.
Good luck and let me know how you make out!

One last question. When did you get this lease?

So I made a deal locally on a Black on Ebony well-optioned 2018 model and picked her up Wednesday night right before Thanksgiving. I'm super happy and have already put 200 miles on the car in just a couple of days. I'll start another thread with my questions and impressions but here's the deal I was finally able to work out:

MSRP: $179,100
Drive off: $6000 (includes 1st payment)
Monthly Payments (35): $1799
Residual: $91k
36 months, 7500 miles/yr, $0.20 for each mile over

Options:
Ceramic Brakes
CF Engine Cover
CF Spoiler
Interwoven Wheels
ELS Audio / Tech package

They basically had to knock about $39k off the car to make the deal work. Too bad the MF sucks these days cause my payments would have been a heck of a lot lower otherwise. But I'm happy with the deal I worked out. Now I just need to figure out where the heck to store it cause my garage is full.

Thank you to those of you who guided me on pricing and possible deals.

Back