• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is the New iPhone 4 compatible with the USA Spec iPod / iPhone Adaptor?

Is the New iPhone 4 compatible with the USA Spec iPod / iPhone Adaptor? Worried it might not... Has anyone tried it yet?

I have the USA spec ipod/iphone adaptor,(2009 version from Science of Speed) works just fine with the iphone 4.
Pandora, Ipod, no problems. It does pop up a message when you connect it saying " this accessory is not made to work with this phone" or something similar but it still works.
In fact. I got the same message with the 3GS iphone but worked then as well.

I have the USA spec ipod/iphone adaptor,(2009 version from Science of Speed) works just fine with the iphone 4.
Pandora, Ipod, no problems. It does pop up a message when you connect it saying " this accessory is not made to work with this phone" or something similar but it still works.
In fact. I got the same message with the 3GS iphone but worked then as well.
great! thanks for the info! more reasons to buy the new iphone 4. ha. so u can still control it from the deck as well right? on disc 5 and 6.

have you heard the issues with the phone, i hope they fix them cause thats all thats stopping me. The yellow tint from rushing it and the no reception on some phones when held in the left hand, no bueno :(

The cd5/cd6 work the same. Cd5 controls from the deck. CD6 can be controlled from the phone.

As for the iphone 4 issues.. I haven't experienced the yellow tint issue.. and neither the antenna issue. I don't drop calls and whether there are 2 bars or 3 bars, everything works for me...making/receiving calls..streaming Pandora...MobiTV

I understand that the second gen of anything will be better than the first, but I love the multitasking and I wanted the Higher res camera.Oh the screen is pretty nice too. :smile:

Most people will put a case on it anyway so there will be no hand to antenna contact, but I use my iphone bare..... no point having a sleek device and then putting a rubber on it.

no point having a sleek device and then putting a rubber on it.

haha word. thanks for the comments. i was just worried about the connection... if i had to resort to using my old iphone just for music... maybe i might do that...

as for all the issues about iphone, i hope it's a software prob and will be solved. and i hope i dont get a yellow screened one either...

Back