• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Is there a Bay Area shop that can do 2002+ front headlight conversion?

NRG

Experienced Member
I would love to take it to Downforce in Southern CA, but I hate those pesky bugs on highway 5 :) Also, I have a feeling that they're just too busy.

Is there a local shop in the Bay Area that can convert to the 2002+ headlight?

Or is Downforce my only option?

Much appreciated.

Thanks for the information. I'll contact downforce and make sure instructions are provided. I don't want to bring to a shop that has NEVER done before. I want someone who has experience with the process.

from my understanding this is pretty much a bolt on deal with all the correct parts.

I recommend Marina Auto Body in San Francisco. Their address and phone number is:

585 Bryant Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
415-777-CARS (2277)

Ask for Alex, if you can you should stop by and talk with Alex and he can show you the black NSX at their shop.

Thanks Mike for the recommendation. I love to see their work. I would feel more confident if someone did the conversion before instead of giving it to a newbie.

I recommend Marina Auto Body in San Francisco. Their address and phone number is:

585 Bryant Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
415-777-CARS (2277)

Ask for Alex, if you can you should stop by and talk with Alex and he can show you the black NSX at their shop.

If you look them up on streetview, somebody's red NSX is sitting in there...

from my understanding this is pretty much a bolt on deal with all the correct parts.

Hello all,
The conversion is not a direct bolt on. There are a few spots you need to cut, drill and rewire. It really depends on what parts you have for your conversion. There is also modification needed to the 91-01 bumper support to fit the 02+ head lights.

7a254cfb.jpg

83d14e2c.jpg

11312ae5.jpg

d28bcb22.jpg

ff461f5f.jpg

e0fb7158.jpg

91cbd3b4.jpg

88267752.jpg

d0336f43.jpg

Thanks
Alex
Marina Auto Body