• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is this supposed to be cool or....

I keep seeing Acuras on the road with the 'A' emblem installed upside down!!!!!! There is a fly yellow NSX on e-bay right now with the same issue. Is this supposed to be cool or are there that many stupid body guys out there...?... This is the first time that I saw it on an NSX and it's boiling me. Is this just another ricer add-on or something? Is it a gang symbol?

I noticed that too. I guess the guy will do anything for attention.

Also, did you notice the front tires are too wide and buldge outward. The rears look like the OEM size.

Vytas

There is a fly yellow NSX on e-bay right now

FLY yellow??? You mean SPA yellow?

BTW I couldn't find the one you're referring to.

I suspect it's upside down because the person putting it on wasn't paying attention. If you ask me, it just makes the owner look stupid for not noticing.

Oh, now I see it. I usually spot the NSX's for sale by searching on NSX and sorting by price. For some reason, the price shown on the search page is one dollar, even though it's bid over $10K now.

I'm sure the emblem was mounted upside down during the repainting process. The body shop probably didn't even know what an Acura emblem looks like, hence the mistake.

And, I see that it is not only repainted, but it has a salvage title, too. And 95K miles.

eBay - where you can find out the true market value of even the worst examples of the breed.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 10 February 2002).]

That is so true I've seen some of the worst NSXs on ebay and I can't believe what some of them go for.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

when my integra was rear ended, i had the emblem replaced. the shop accidentally put it upside down. it was a shop in iowa.. they had never worked on an acura before and didn't realize it was an "A". i didn't make them correct it because i thought it was kinda unique. that was back in 94... maybe i started something.

I've seen some people mount Acura and Honda emblems upside down on purpose. Sort of like the people who put the registration stickers on their license plates at 45 degree angles.

No idea what the reason is in this particular case. The car has obviously been wrecked and rebuilt (they specify salvage title so at least they are being straight!) and it could have been done accidently at that point.

That is the most complete mono-color NSX I have ever seen. Even the triangular piece behind the side mirrors and the door handle section are all-yellow.

The ad states that the car is dual-airbag. I wonder if they really converted it to a later dash or if that's just an error. Dash conversion seems really unlikely due to the parts cost and amount of labor involved.

It also looks like there are some pretty serious panel alignment issues all around... Yikes!

The "Buy It Now" price of $35k is hilarious!

And no VIN listed. I wanted to run a carfax on
it for fun. Bummer!

Anyone able to help me out in Southern Florida?
I need a pair of eyes for a black 97 that I am
buying. I will have the car transported to AZ!

Thanks for any help.
-Shawn

Last summer I had a lookie around the local rice-boy clubs. It is very common for the teeny-weenies to place the symbol upside down for "originality". However, purists will promptly put these imbisoles in their place by claiming they are disgracing their rides in a Judas betrayal type manner. Once again we find people stepping over the line that devides trick and tacky! I on the other hand will out rice them all by putting a Peterbilt emblem on my hood. Take that you rice-a-ronies!

Originally posted by nicholas421:
when my integra was rear ended, i had the emblem replaced. the shop accidentally put it upside down. it was a shop in iowa.. they had never worked on an acura before and didn't realize it was an "A". i didn't make them correct it because i thought it was kinda unique. that was back in 94... maybe i started something.

I'll second this. Mine wasn't rear ended, but it got painted back there and they installed it upside down. I made them correct mine it just looked stupid!! Its not that hard to tell it's an "A". I asked them what a Vcura was.

Originally posted by kenjiMR:
I think the Acura logo looks dumb... when I repaint my front bumper, I am removing the logo thingy altogether.

Heck, I'd like to see a manufacture produce a car where they didn't think they had to plaster their logo on it. Especially on a car like the NSX. Everyone who might be in the market for one would know what it is, so why the logos. Or, make them optional.
cool.gif

With that said, manufactures logos don't upset me nearly like the dealer who thinks they have to plaster their god-ugly dealer logo on the rear of a car they sold.
mad.gif

I had the entire cars body pulled off and sanded then Spa Pearl Yellow painted,when I went to pick it up I noticed my "A" was more like a "V".Purely an innocent mistake on the assemblers part when I mentioned it he apologized over and over and I said leave it,I like it. And thats the way it will stay.Many dont notice it unless they are familiar w/ the car.Personally it doesn't much matter to me. I lean towards "be different" or "be yourself" so to maintain my sense of individuality I'll soon need to convert back... :):)

------------------

P.S Lighten up on the "kids" you probably did some stupid things when you were young too.
Whats disapointing is to see the public "here" taking things so seriously were you always so miserable or does that just come w/ age.
If so someone shoot me before I hit 40 OK :(

------------------

I don't think you can necessarily assume that anyone here is young or old, if you haven't met them in person. Some people may sound childish and be older, and others may sound very mature and you find when you meet them that they're among our youngest owners.

oh boy.

Oh man.
biggrin.gif

Moreover its like iether hearing some crumpy old man scorning "those little whippersnappers" or a young "punk" judging everyone he sees only to feel superior.
All I'm saying is that we NSX owners are not gererally referred to as "snobs" like some others I'll leave un mentioned(it only adds to the dis-ease).
I've personally witnessed people being judgemental "usually" because of someone elses lack of "funds" or "class".(those things are learned and I was not born w/ them)I'm also saying give-em a break.Some are not as fortunate to have been "well bred".
At least the "kids" are not only spending their $$ on drugs and booze.Whether we like it or not they are this worlds future.
You'd be amazed at the enormous amount of effort some of these 16-mid-20 year olds put into there "fast and furious" style cars.Late nights in there make-shift garages creating beautiful "artwork" and they deserve an applause.Hit a local import show and you'll see they have the same passion we all do.At least I do.We may or may not be years away from each other but our hearts are in a similar place.

------------------

i got an "H" because i was tired of people saying if its an acura why does it have a honda motor? now i have my "H" i hear people say i thought it was an acura but it has a "H" on it and they walk away puzzeled!!!!

I think that the Acura logo looks more like a "H" when inverted. If you look carefully, the top of the "A" is opened, and therefore makes it kind of a "H". So if you flip it, you kind of get a Honda emblem wihtout switching it, no?

I agree with MYNSX about the "ricers", "kids", etc. They all have great passions for their cars, just as we do. I always see them being put down on the forums. Why? Because we don't agree with their mods? Or they can't afford what they really want to do? I am sure everyone one of them would love to have a NSX or Ferrari anyday, but it is just out of reach for them at this time. These kids will grow into adult enthusiasts and many will have great automobiles in the future. I have to agree that soemtimes you see a car that just makes you ask, what the hell was he thinking, but you know what? That guy doesn't care, he loves his car and probably polishes it every weekend like many of us do. I guess I'm saying, not to knock the youngsters because they can't afford any better. Most of these guys worship our cars as the king of imports and would probably really be hurt to see what is said about them in our forums. To me, it is about a passion for their rides. Not what they can buy. You all know many Ferrari and P-car owners who bought it just for the name and to own it. Does anyone buy a Civic or Integ to brag about having one? No, they buy them and mod them because they are budding enthusiasts who want to express themselves with their automobiles. They want something that they are proud of. Anyways, sorry for the long post, but I am sick of always seeing the "open minded" NSX folks always talking about "ricers" this, "ricers" that.

Chris- My Rice History:

97 NSX-T Spa Yellow Pearl
97 NSX-T Berlina Black
95 Supra TT BPU (Blitz SUS Intake, Blitz Nur Spec exhaust, Blitz SSBOV, Rod Millen Downpipe, Apex Boost and AFC, etc)
95 Integra GS-R Coupe, Eibachs/Tokico, I/H/E
94 Integra GS-R 4 Dr. I/H/E, Neuspeed springs, Clear corners, Plenty of stickers, "HID" Bulbs, etc.
91 MR-2
91 RX-7 Turbo II
91 Integra
89 Integra
89 Legend 5 Speed
+ some others I can't think of right now.

[This message has been edited by ck (edited 11 February 2002).]

[This message has been edited by ck (edited 11 February 2002).]

Originally posted by ck:
I think that the Acura logo looks more like a "H" when inverted. If you look carefully, the top of the "A" is opened, and therefore makes it kind of a "H". So if you flip it, you kind of get a Honda emblem wihtout switching it, no?

As we heard at NSXPO '97, the Acura logo originally did not have the horizontal cross-piece in the middle connecting the two vertical elements, which would have made it look more like a design calipers and less like the letter "H". The logo was to be introduced first on the NSX at an auto show in the States. When Soichiro Honda saw the logo without the cross-piece, he insisted that it be added. The Honda executives were then sent busily scurrying around the 20 or so completed cars, swapping the original logo with the modified one ordered by Mr. Honda.

For some reason, I never liked the way the Acura logo looked on the front of the NSX. However, I think the factory Honda logo looks great. The white H logo on my white NSX looks very clean.
With the 2002 NSX, I now like the way the larger chrome A looks on the hood so I plan to replace my H with one of those. The rear lens will remain the same. The black Acura text looks much classier than plastering that A on top of the lens.

Back