• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

It Looks I've bought a Gen. 2

I'm just waiting for final loan approval from PenFed. Currently I'm conditionally approved. I'm not concern that the appraised market value of the car will be sufficient in that it is a 2017 with only 800 miles on the clock. What does concerned me is that I'm retired and don't have the income I had when I was working. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

The car is a 2017 Curva Red NSX with a black interior. Options include:

• Ebony semi aniline leather and alcantara power sports seats.
  • ELS studio and technology package.
  • Interwoven machined wheels.

Its not a loaded NSX, and that's OK because I can't afford a fully loaded NSX!

Front Qtr.jpgFront.jpgSide.jpg

I'll post better photos if I'm successful in buying the car.

good luck and congrats. Also I always have good experiences from alliant credit union and woodside. they never ask for any docs from me. about an hr or 2 for approvals

Thanks Gaymond. I'm just hoping that PenFed will finalize my loan! If I'm successful in buying a Gen 2, for sure there will be a Gen 2 NSX in the World Famous Sierra Madre 4th of July parade every year free here on out, unless you join us again. There is another Gen 2 around the corner from my house! OI''l have to introduce myself.

Thank you, but not yet a done deal until final loan approval is recorded. Eurobotique sells a carbon fiber trim piece that replaces the OEM Silver trim piece, which I plan to buy.

Congrats on the purchase, if it goes through.

I bought mine with 700 mi on it.

Don't know what you went through with financing, but my credit union gave me a great rate (less then 2.8%) however I had to put 50% down (used car).

synth19,

I'm also not fond of the wheels, so I'll look into other wheels that are better looking. However, first I need get some funds into depleted bank account LOL!

selling your yellow car?

Heavymetals,

Thank you! I have secured car loans from PenFed in the past, and the process is easy. Their interest rates are also competitive. However, since it is real a stretch for me, financial wise, to purchase this car, I had to choose a 72 month loan term. Also, I was only able to afford a 40% down payment. So, due to the long loan term and my less than 50% downpayment, I was not able to get PenFed's best interest rate. However, if my loan is approved, I'll be a proud owner of a really nice Gen-2, to go along with my 1997 Spa Yellow Pearl NSX.

why stress yourself , sell the na2

Docjohn,

Hell no LOL! I have invested thousands of dollars in maintenance and numerous modifications in my 97 NSX. It's currently getting a new custom built motor, and an OS Geikin LSD and an Exedy dual plate clutch to name a few (click on the link for a list of all of the modifications to date http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/190361-MCano-s-97-Spa-Yellow-Build/page6).

In addition, my 97 NSX is stipulated in my Living Trust to stay in the family forever! Of Course, I have no way to enforce this stipulation LOL

docjohn,Yes, it's a stretch because I did not sell my rental property raise the money needed. Instead, I use liquid assets, but I still have a reserve for rainy days!

docjohn, are going to NSXPO?

Last edited:
Congratulations,

Always glad to increase the Gen 2 team here.

Looking forward to a picture of your puppy out for a ride with you in it.

Awesome. Once the deal is sealed make sure to send a request to the 2nd Gen Owners page on FB. There's a vast amount of info available that you'll want to read about.

Congrats and welcome to NC1 ownership.

If you are up for a drive to Palos Verdes tomorrow morning, they have a monthly car show from 7-10am.

which place has the show tomorrow? Pelican parts at the mall or a different one?

My loan was approved, so the 2017 NSX will be official mine next week! Now, I need to decide how to get the car from Charlotte to Los Angeles? Transporter or drive home myself?

Congrats [MENTION=15293]mcano[/MENTION] ! As far as getting it home...you’ve done the cross country drive before (we met at NSXPO 2016 in Orlando!), just do it again if you can spare the time.

The bigger question is, which NSX are you bringing to NSXPO this time? NA2 or NC1?

Still thinking about a NC1, myself, but to afford easily I’d have to sell either my beloved NA2 or my über rare 6MT V wagon. Neither happening soon!

My loan was approved, so the 2017 NSX will be official mine next week! Now, I need to decide how to get the car from Charlotte to Los Angeles? Transporter or drive home myself?

I'll vote for fly there and drive it home. Congrats! It's such a wonderful car, maybe you can buy me a plane ticket and i'll drive it home for you

LOL, actually Ole Sorenson beat you to it. He already offered to drive it to NSXPO for me!

Yes, I'm leaning towards driving it home myself!

Congrats @mcano ! As far as getting it home...you’ve done the cross country drive before (we met at NSXPO 2016 in Orlando!), just do it again if you can spare the time.

The bigger question is, which NSX are you bringing to NSXPO this time? NA2 or NC1?

Still thinking about a NC1, myself, but to afford easily I’d have to sell either my beloved NA2 or my über rare 6MT V wagon. Neither happening soon!

Thank you!

As for your question, I'm bringing my 97 since its my street/track car. Further more, its getting modified right now to bring it up to a higher level in track prowess! Coz and Nick are building and installing a new custom motor. In addition, also being installed is an OS Geiken LSD with a 4.4 final drive, an Excedy twin disc clutch, a Lanova oil cooler, a water/meth inter-cooler, and a stand alone Infinity ECU to name a few!

I will eventually take the Gen 2 out on the track, just to see what I have gotten myself into LOL!

Back