• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

J.D. Power: Styling biggest reason people reject Acura

I think painting the TL "beak" helps a lot. But it still doesn't look that great. .
tl006.jpg

picture.php

IMG_5796.jpg

Last edited:
I think painting the grill only looks good on a black car. I have a customer getting the grill and rear trim piece on his black TL painted today. I personally don't mind the stock grill. It's not my favorite, but I can look past it because I like the rest of the car so much.

My '04 TL Nav got hit and written off back in May, and I ended up getting a shiny new 2010 TSX V6. As Hrant says, it's FAR more entertaining then the four cylinder :biggrin: The grille is the only thing that bothers me about its styling. I had looked at the new TLs, but their size (frankly, they're huge now), and their horrific styling turned me off (That pointed back end didn't work with the '97 CL, and it doesn't work now). Which is too bad, because the SH-AWD ones drive quite nicely.

The one thing I really notice with the TSX though, is that with the V6, traction is at a premium, especally on the bland stock tires. Hopefully Acura releases the current body style TSX with the V6 and SH-AWD, otherwise in a few years I'm gonna see about picking up a few year old RL for my daily driver.

Back