• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

JIC Coilovers

JIC.jpg

I've had these babies for awhile, but having someone back into my car and hospitalize it for a while kept me from putting them in......

This sunday i set some time aside, i'll have some installation pics to add also.

These are the JIC FLT-A2's for the NSX. The knob at the top adjusts the compression & rebound, and the shock body height is adjustable along with the spring perch. Sweet metal upper pillow mounts, although i might press in some metal heim joints into the lower mount. But we'll see how these go as-is right now.

On my other cars i've used G/A/B, and also have used Cusco.... lets see how these go! I've already sold 5 sets to WRX owners, 2 sets to GS300/400's, 2 RSX sets, 3 Civic sets, 1 Prelude, and 2 Eclipses.

And every single one of them agree it was the best mod they have done to their car!

-Ray

Driving Impressions!

Just got these babies put in..... Everything pretty much went ok. although the very thick shock body was VERY VERY close to the control arm. Put a jack under the control arm and lifted and lowered the control arm through the entire movement range, and it just barley clears. I would of liked them to have included a bracket to clamp around the lower protion of the shock, to have a brake line mount but i'll make one and put it on next weekend.

Its definitely stiffer, i have the settings on 8/8 (out of 16/16 adjustability), and have the spring perches set at NO preload, and have the lower shock body adjusted for a inch lower than my Intrax lowering springs that were on there before..... i think they were around 1.5", but its been awhile so i dont remember.
Definitely corners ALOT flatter than before, and i can feel the little dips and bumps in the road more, but it was not as bad as i expected it to be.

Next weekend i will corner balance it, and alinement done. Then play with the dampening.

While i was working on it found out that my rear passenger tire had a chuck missing out of the inner sidewall, so i am replaceing the rears tomorrow. So i'm really not going to push the car to hard until i fix that.

-Ray

Back