• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Jim Russell now has his own place

Thought I'd jump on here and let you guys know me and Jim are here at Acura Authorized Service to help.Jim is the service manager and is supervising each NSX that is going into the shop.For those that have had the chance to meet me my name is Justin.Ive been on a few drives with some of you.Chip you met me when we took the drive with Ken,James and John off hwy 35 to hwy 1. I'm one of the service advisor and here.If you guys have any question please feel free to ask I know Jim dosen't really get on prime much so I will help in anyway I can.

Thought I'd jump on here and let you guys know me and Jim are here at Acura Authorized Service to help.Jim is the service manager and is supervising each NSX that is going into the shop.For those that have had the chance to meet me my name is Justin.Ive been on a few drives with some of you.Chip you met me when we took the drive with Ken,James and John off hwy 35 to hwy 1. I'm one of the service advisor and here.If you guys have any question please feel free to ask I know Jim dosen't really get on prime much so I will help in anyway I can.

Justin, what are your hours of work?

Thanks to PATCHEZ and Jim for all their great work! I swear, the car is running better now than I can remember. Great shop, great service, great techs. Highly recommended.

Now, if they can get BATMANs's car running again, then they are truly wizards :tongue:

Thanks to PATCHEZ and Jim for all their great work! I swear, the car is running better now than I can remember. Great shop, great service, great techs. Highly recommended.

Now, if they can get BATMANs's car running again, then they are truly wizards :tongue:

I just found out that my #5 and 6 cylinders kaboomed. Time for the much needed rebuild to handle the boost.

And you need to pressure wash ur engine bay. Looks nasty.

The girls working there are hella cute and sexy....

I don't know. You should ask Jim that, I think. I do know that I first began working with Jim when he was service manager at Hopkins, and there he either worked on my NSX personally (esp. for tricky issues like noises) or closely supervised one of his best people in doing so. But I don't know if that will continue at the new place. I think I'll ask him that too.

Chip

I just got both my NSX and BMW serviced at Sunnyvale Acura with Jim. I was very impressed with way the dealership treated me (nice loaner car, everyone coming up and introducing themselves like I was a famous person, followup call from dealership manager to make sure I was satisfied, etc.) and Jim is as great as ever. He fixed the noises in the NSX (one turned out to be loose roof trim and the other the latch on the rear glass) and on my BMW as well (rear wiper in its case).

I asked him about personally doing work, and he said he generally does the work on NSXs himself, at least anything complicated. He says he let's other people do anything routine like that my coolant reservoir bottle turned out to be leaking so he let one of his staff replace it, but even then checks their work when they are done. And the tricky things like finding the sources of noises he does himself for NSXs. He says it sometimes takes longer since he has to find the time around managing the service center, but since people have loaner cars they have been fine with that.

He even called later in the day to ensure he had successfully fixed the noise following my drive home. How many mechanics do you know who would call to check like that? For me, getting service down in Sunnyvale means driving almost 1/2 hour from my house each way, but I don't plan on taking my NSX (or BMW for that matter) anywhere else.

Chip

Last edited:
Re: Jim Russell

Jim is amazing, and passionate about NSX's, as long as I own my NSX he is the guy that will work on my car. Super nice and honest guy, he knows these cars inside and out, I drive 90 minutes to Sunnyvale Acura which is where he can be found now.

Wanted to put in another thumbs up for Acura Authorized Service (that's what they're called now) in Sunnyvale.

They kept my car as long as was necessary to track down a bizarre issue and get it running smoothly again, all the while letting me drive around in a fully-optioned 2012 Acura TL for no extra charge.

Justin (PATCHEZ here on Prime) is awesome about calling with regular updates, and always replies to emails promptly - even if they arrive several times a day and contain stupid/annoying questions :smile:

Highly recommended and I will definitely be going back.

Jim is back at Belmont Auto Center in Belmont, no longer at Sunnyvale Acura. He is still the best.

Jim is back at Belmont Auto Center in Belmont, no longer at Sunnyvale Acura. He is still the best.

Can you post an address/phone number for Belmont Auto Center?

I believe he still advises the full-time techs at Acura Authorized Service in Sunnyvale.

1250 Old County Rd
Belmont, CA 94002
(650) 592-3657

They go under the separate name Belmont Car Center and also under the name of the body shop at the same location Cologne Auto Body.

Chip

Jim is still with us at Sunnyvale. But yes he still has his shop.

Justin, just talked to Jim, and I'll be bringing my '96 to you guys tomorrow at 9a for TBWP service in Sunnyvale. Called Mike to set up the appt. Hope to be able to meet you.

-brian

My small brain can't keep up with the right place to contact to have Jim work on a car. What's his latest newly newest new address/phone?

J

My small brain can't keep up with the right place to contact to have Jim work on a car. What's his latest newly newest new address/phone?

J

http://www.yelp.com/biz/cologne-auto-body-belmont

He answers the phone Monday through Thursday. I told him I would be bringing in my car this morning but something came up and I wasn't able to... so their NSX lift is open! Call them right now!

Back