• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Jump Start - need help!

Hey there....

this is an embarrasing question but I need to ask....

How do you open the fuse box which holds the battery leads for a jump start???

I left my NSX in the garage for 3 weeks...
When I came back, I tried to start the car, and the car wont start.....
It seems like the battery is dead....

So I figure I would just jump start the car... which turned out to be not as easy as any other car I have had in the past... I read through the manual and it says to open the fuse box... but I cant seem to easily open it... maybe I'm being too gentle with the cover, but I've tried pulling it and it doesnt come off easily... is there a latch to press or something?

Thanks for any help!!!!!

(I'm so embarrased)... P.S. how do I tell if my battery needs replacing????

Regards....

Yes, there is a latch. My fuse box isn't in the stock location, but if I'm correct, the latch is on the side of the cover that's closest to the coolant reservoir.

CDX_NSX said:
Yes, there is a latch. My fuse box isn't in the stock location, but if I'm correct, the latch is on the side of the cover that's closest to the coolant reservoir.

correct!

I believe the fuse box is recommended because, in a stock NSX with a spare, it is extremely difficult, if noy impossible, to get to the battery with jumper cables.

It would be outright dangerous to use jumper cables near the battery if it is mounted in it's proper position. There are way too many close metal objects connected to ground that is close the positive terminal. The jumper terminal is very accessible.

HTH,
LarryB

I didn't have the owner's manual when I bought the car. I had to jump start the car for at least 5 times through the battery terminals already and then stumbling upon this thread. Since I didn't have the spare tire on, it was easy. Now I am in need of a new battery. Can someone post a picture of exactly where to hook up the positive and the negative to jump start the car?

Thanks

Last edited:
AndyH said:
.... Can someone post a picture of exactly where do I hook up the positive and the negative to jump start the car?.....
Here's the positive -
(Ignore the stereo power cable)
Fuse box cover removed, the power terminal cover flipped up:

Attachments

• jumpstart.JPG
    jumpstart.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 391
Back