• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just an FYI for Gotham owners...

I know many of you were wondering and there is a lot of misinformation out there but it is okay to PPF the GG colored cars.

There is a GG in the lobby of the PMC that is fully PPF'd, entire car.

Thank you for providing confirmation and for dispelling another silly rumor. Did you happen to see any GG cars that were prepped for shipment with whatever protection measures they are using for that purpose? Can’t wait to hear more about your experience.

Last edited:
Thank you for providing confirmation and for dispelling another silly rumor. Did you happen to see any GG cars that were prepped for shipment with whatever protection measures they are using for that purpose? Can’t wait to hear more about your experience.

They are really, really protected during the entire process and every step of the way. The entire build process is so well thought out and methodical. Simply amazing.

So was the car you saw in the lobby equipped with “permanent” PPF or was it a temporary film they use for protection at the factory and during transit?

So was the car you saw in the lobby equipped with “permanent” PPF or was it a temporary film they use for protection at the factory and during transit?

Permanent

Posting for [MENTION=9496]The Kid[/MENTION]. With his new Type S. :D

AM-JKLWUP-1mZSffTdiymohHOgqiIzSIRBHHVlXxGSdGSAhFpDNSTwWZl9LNw1cdlfAhrmlWDbrC_262-ZgUtOk-MhJd_Vq7fEQa_ixmQxzXdHwX_70veQEg9-R5badOME353294yk7crNRcp_URTAPfb7qqBA=w914-h1230-no

PPF is fine I have heard too...

I know many of you were wondering and there is a lot of misinformation out there but it is okay to PPF the GG colored cars.

There is a GG in the lobby of the PMC that is fully PPF'd, entire car.

My daily driver is a 2020 M40i BMW Z4 in the Frozen Grey paint (very similar to the Gotham Grey). I don't have PPF on it and use the Dr. Beasleys matte paint wash and ceramic coating which are excellent which I recommend if you dont put film on the car. I know a number of the owners on the Z4 website have used PPF on the Frozen Grey paint and it works great. I just didnt do it.

On the NSX however i would do it as I have it on my Valencia Red and I think on a car like the NSX the protection is needed. I think the key though is to find a place who does an excellent job on the wrap as the NSX has some crazy curves. I bought my 2017 used (when I was #2 in line at my dealer for the Type S and didnt make the cut) and the previous owner had an amazing wrap job done on it. I heard he spent 12K on it - I think spending more on the NSX would be worth it to get the best wrap possible. Congrats to the lucky owners of the new Type S! - Ted

Like any luxury item cost for ppf may be zipcode dependent...My Durango which has a lot of real-estate is fully x'pelled with an exoshield on the windshield for 7200$ in NEPA

Back