• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just bought a Nsx, need extra key

I just bought my first NSX Sunday night, it only came with one key. I want to get another key made for it.

Is there a site out there or anyone that sells uncut NSX keys?

I checked ebay, found nothing

thanks

which key in particular?

What key came w/ your NSX?!? :confused:

Was it this one:

c5_1_b.JPG
key1.jpg
nsxkey.gif

If not, you can acquire one from an Acura dealership in Cali' for a discounted price... use the "search" to find the relevant thread! It'll be about $80 + s/h.

Otherwise, Ebay has section for "see additional 'Buy it now' items" when you do the usual search. There are suppliers/vendors who advertise blank OEM keys. I assume you are looking for the black-plastic covered key w/ "NSX" in red script? Also get a valet key while you're at it.

Acura OEM Key Blank:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-OEM-Acura-NSX-Key-Blank-Blanks-1991-1996_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ40016QQitemZ8010507454QQrdZ1

Aftermarket Key Blank:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-ACURA-TL-CL-NSX-INTEGRA-90-00-KEYBLANK-KEYS-BLANK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ40016QQitemZ7997018282QQrdZ1

If these are meant to be spares, you really don't have to be overly concerned w/ going w/ an Acura OEM (NSX) key blank. Get anyother Honda/Acura generic blank you can find!

Goodluck!

dainese51 said:
how old is your car? I just went to the nearest Orchard Supply Hardware, cost me 1.49. My car is a 1992

Was it a NSX key? or just a regular key?

the0ne said:
I just bought my first NSX Sunday night, it only came with one key. I want to get another key made for it.

Is there a site out there or anyone that sells uncut NSX keys?

I checked ebay, found nothing

thanks

Key on eBay

the0ne said:
thanks, how much was your key btw?

it was around $15 for the key and to have it cut. Also it was the standard black key with NSX lettering not the titanium key.

Titanium is heavy?? I'll have to alert the aviation industry!!

:tongue: J/K !!! :redface:

...can't wait to get my hands on one soon. :smile:

Jetpilot2112 said:
Titanium is heavy?? I'll have to alert the aviation industry!!

:tongue: J/K !!! :redface:

...can't wait to get my hands on one soon. :smile:

The key is actually made out of 70% Nickel and 30% copper – a nickel alloy called Monel.

uhhh...

the0ne said:
Was it a NSX key? or just a regular key?

$1.49. Orchard Supply Hardware. What do you think?!? :rolleyes:

Sheesh... what's next? $4.99 OEM NSX oil filters?!? Free crush-washers?!? OEM NSX tires w/ treadwear warranty?!? :biggrin:

Yeah, I've heard that before in a different thread somewhere...was just givin ya a hard time. :redface:
:tongue:

Someone mentioned that the older keys won't start years '97 and up...do the newer NSX's have keys with chips in them or something?

menuserve said:
That key weighs about 5 times as much as the standard key with the black plastic top

Jetpilot2112 said:
Yeah, I've heard that before in a different thread somewhere...was just givin ya a hard time. :redface:
:tongue:

Someone mentioned that the older keys won't start years '97 and up...do the newer NSX's have keys with chips in them or something?

Yes it has a chip......but isnt there a way to by pass that with a remote start so that way you could have the Metal Key ?

menuserve said:
i don't even use my titanium key... its too heavy to lug around... the acura key with the black top with red NSX lettering is what i carry around

yeah that key in your ignition you loose 10hp :)

thanks for the comments everyone

I just had a key made for my nsx, it wont start the car.... It unlocks the nsx fine.

hmmm

Re: uhhh...

Osiris_x11 said:
$1.49. Orchard Supply Hardware. What do you think?!? :rolleyes:

Sheesh... what's next? $4.99 OEM NSX oil filters?!? Free crush-washers?!? OEM NSX tires w/ treadwear warranty?!? :biggrin:

Why not? if the $4.99 filters is as big and function as the $11 filters, Treadwear warranty tire as grippy as OEM Yokohamas.

Oh by the way, Crush washers are free if you buy the filters in bulk, or at least my local Acura dealer never charged me when I asked for some.

BTW, the key I had been using in my nsx only cost me .99 at my local hardware store. I put it in one of those LED key cover thingie, so now I got a key with flash light. My car is 91, and it's perfect for me.

Back