• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just bought an NSX after 4 MR2s

Brocz said:
Should I be impressed that a 25 year old bought an NSX? No, for all we know he's a trust fund baby, or has his own business because his parent, friend, relative gave it to him. And again, whether these are true or not, dosesn't matter either.

TELL ME ABOUT THE CAR!!!!

Im sorry. I didnt mean to start a flame. The above comment is exactly why I mentioned my comment. People see a young guy to automatically assume its daddy's money. I really dont care for that. I just wanted to meet a few young owners as I hardly see young people driving these cars. And no Im not trying to impress

My MR2 is definetly very much faster because its been greatly modified over the years including a Turbo, intercooler, & etc. Probably not at freeway speeds but it sure will out accel the quarter mile. The NSX is stock in addition to wheels.

BTW: Im married...NoSeX sounded original and had NSX so I made it ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome...maybe it was a mistake to join. Ive never heard these kinda comments for anyone by anyone on mr2oc.com or supraforums.com

len3.8 said:
Congrats, and many will not be fazed by the age and your purchase. There are a lot of people in your age brackett that own the NSX, many of them post here.
Nice choice in cars. I would just go check out the FAQs and read the forums that interest you the most.

Also: Change you Name from NoSex to Much Sex, well maybe anyway..

thats is true I got my first one for my 25 B day 5 years ago and I got it all by my self too so its not a big deal. I just got my second one at 30 B Day 2 weeks ago.

NoSeX said:
Thanks for the warm welcome...maybe it was a mistake to join. Ive never heard these kinda comments for anyone by anyone on mr2oc.com or supraforums.com
Seriously, why can't your comments be sincere and genuine if you are TRULY coming here to make friends?
Like this: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=426847&postcount=1
Your two posts are simply jabs and challenges and I can see why people are just so annoyed. Maybe you are right that it was a mistake if this is the kind of attitude that you hold.
Steve

NoSeX said:

I think you need to take a look at the situation from the outside. You started a thread that may have been meant to introduce yourself, but to many the thread simply compared the NSX to the MR2 and made the comment that the MR2 was much faster.

The comment about the MR2 being faster could have been explained better as you now have done to indicate it was a modified MR2, as many but not all of us assumed. You also made a comment about your age and the fact that you are self-employed. Some people interpreted that as bragging. Whether that was your intent is not within my personal knowledge.

In any event, you need to think about how people react on your old forums in comparison threads or kill stories and the like. I guarantee there are plenty of flame wars. Your intent may have been to simply introduce yourself, and it certainly takes two to tango, but you bear some responsibilty for the resulting mess this thread has become.

In any event, it is not the end of the world. Believe me, if you are going to keep the NSX you need to be a member of this site and this community. It is a resource that would be foolish to discard.

This thread and the 350Z thread aside, NSXprime is largely immune from these issues, as a result of the quality of its members. I am on a number of forums, and few are as informative and restrained as this one. I think you would be wise to give it another chance, but that is up to you.

I congratulate you on getting your NSX, but I have agree with whiteNSXs.

If you didn't post your age in the first place, then you wouldn't have to worry about the "daddy's money" comment.

nsxtasy said:
I think you're totally missing the point. The point is that there is a difference between those who are ABLE to use proper English, but CHOOSE not to do so, versus those who don't have the communications skills to do so.
brahtw8 said:
That is an incorrect assumption. There is no single point to be made. You have a point to make, fine, but don't sh!t on mine.
Wow! That's quite a harsh response, and is certainly not in the same tone in which I posted. No wonder people are complaining about the level of discourse here. :rolleyes:

Perhaps I should have worded my quote as follows, which makes its intent more clear (changes in bold):

nsxtasy said:
I think you're totally missing my point. My point is that there is a difference between those who are ABLE to use proper English, but CHOOSE not to do so, versus those who don't have the communications skills to do so.
Sure, I am disagreeing with the point you made, because I am drawing a distinction between what you're objecting to (criticizing people who CAN'T communicate as well as others), and what I was doing (criticizing people who CHOOSE NOT TO communicate as well as others, even though they CAN). In fact, if you re-read my post, it actually AGREES with your point, that there is no reason to criticize people who CAN'T communicate as well as others. I made my additional point politely and respectfully, and if you disagree, I would expect any such disagreement to be stated equally politely and respectfully.

spartan2-3 said:
the newer members on this board are a lot "nicer" compared to the previous generation of long time members/posters .
I disagree (despite Ryan's post). I also think that this statement smacks of arrogance ("MY group of members is better that THAT OTHER group of members"). If you want this to be a better place, you too have to do your own part in not dissing other members - and that means not making disparaging insults like this one.

whiteNSXs said:
Seriously, why can't your comments be sincere and genuine if you are TRULY coming here to make friends?
Your two posts are simply jabs and challenges and I can see why people are just so annoyed. Maybe you are right that it was a mistake if this is the kind of attitude that you hold.
Steve
Hey, Let me start over, Since I have never introduce myself. My name is Eiffel, I have owned my 91 NSX for 2 yrs. It has been the most satisfying car for me to own. Dream about it for a decade. Finally got my wife's blessing to get it. I LOVE MY NSX!. The ownership experience is beyond words. I have meet many other owners and everyone are friendly and helpful, my NSX is slightly modded, with NSX-R suspension, Volks wheels, and Sparco steering wheel. It's the best sports car that I have ever owned and It always puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it. :smile:

Welcome nosex.Sorry but I feel as Ken(nsxtasy) does.Take a look at some of the good newbie intro threads.It takes a relatively long post to help the community get to know you and why you chose the nsx.Unfortuneatly some of us have a tough time accepting why some owners buy the car .From your brief intro it sounds like you like the car's status but wish it was faster.So read up on this sight plus use the search for topics about owners age(which seems important to you).Also take a look at the advice vs advise thread.I don't type well ,and my spelling is suspect,so I usually post to topics that don't require lots of words, but if I do post then I put the time in to explain what I'm really thinking,all the while hunting and pecking.

whiteNSXs said:
Steve
I agreed, I believed people who made comments here were the same one trying to make this a worthy, better community... which however some individual thinks that we are trying to isolate ourselves.

Im sorry. I didnt mean to start a flame
That's ok, at least you see that you are responsible for the "welcome" from the others, OH Wait, now why would you want to make this sarcastic statement?

You know the beauty of the internet forums: you could piss off as much people you want here, and at the end of the day, still be able to watch all our posts and getting tips from FAQ and the other useful resourses.

NoSex, think about it, if you little 2 posts already offend so much people, and only a fraction of those who will reply and post; think about the damage you could have done to this community as a whole. I'm speaking for myself, visiting nsx prime is really one of the best thing it could happen of my day, whereas people helping out each other, no stupid comments, wars, or even flames. I have enough of fights, cussing and wars to worry in my real world everyday life, coming to Prime and see that is the last thing I wanted.

nsxtasy said:
Wow! That's quite a harsh response, and is certainly not in the same tone in which I posted. No wonder people are complaining about the level of discourse here. :rolleyes:

I disagree. I find the tone of your initial post and your current response to be condescending. That may not have been your intent, but that is what was understood.

nsxtasy said:
Sure, I am disagreeing with the point you made, because I am drawing a distinction between what you're objecting to (criticizing people who CAN'T communicate as well as others), and what I was doing (criticizing people who CHOOSE NOT TO communicate as well as others, even though they CAN). In fact, if you re-read my post, it actually AGREES with your point, that there is no reason to criticize people who CAN'T communicate as well as others. I made my additional point politely and respectfully, and if you disagree, I would expect any such disagreement to be stated equally politely and respectfully.

I respectfully disagree that your statement is polite or respectful. I also question the puritanical notion that my invocation of 'sh!t' has somehow injured you or lowered the level of discourse on this forum.

To me, your statement says that you presume that you know what I am objecting to, and you presume that I cannot comprehend what you said. I don't think there should be any surprise that I find that offensive.

I was aware that poor english in a post can be the result of a variety of causes long before this thread.

My point is that it is petty to criticize language on forums, regardless of the underlying reason. I think that it diminishes this forum.

You may want to disagree with Ken but I reread both of your posts and imo Ken was not being condecending,he seemed to make a clear distinction between lazy expression vs translation by non english speakers.I think you were responding strongly to Ken's only reference to you which was his opening statement that you missed the point,well I know he can fight his own battles ,but I felt you needed another opinion on what I think is a minor issue.The bigger issue that this brings up especialy to newbies is that regardless of our differences in opinion as well as interpretation of facts we still end up as involved and entertained posters.And I doubt any other car forum has as large a population of smart,mature,successful,honest,entertaining,and focused regulars as we have here.

docjohn said:
You may want to disagree with Ken but I reread both of your posts and imo Ken was not being condecending,he seemed to make a clear distinction between lazy expression vs translation by non english speakers.I think you were responding strongly to Ken's only reference to you which was his opening statement that you missed the point,well I know he can fight his own battles ,but I felt you needed another opinion on what I think is a minor issue.

I appreciate your opinion. I do not share it.

Your welcome :smile:

Hello Atif,

From across the ocean, congrats on your purchase.
Hope you will enjoy it to the fullest and keep it in one piece at the same time.

As for the class of the NSX, I think that will come from the way you behave and not from the car.

Welcome, and congratulations on becoming an NSX owner. I personally think you should be given a pat on the back for working hard to be able to afford the car.

Hardly a nice way to welcome a newbie boys and girls. I've noticed with many a forum that the top job members have is in 'IT'. Have you ever met someone who works in IT that has social skills? May i suggest to all the people making anal comments...get off your computer for 5 minutes.

-Rob

docjohn said:
The bigger issue that this brings up especialy to newbies is that regardless of our differences in opinion as well as interpretation of facts we still end up as involved and entertained posters
...and, many of us, as friends. What some of the newbies do not realize is that many of us who have been around a long time have spent time in person, at NSXPO, at other NSX Club events, and elsewhere. We all probably realize that, at NSXprime just like many other places we go, friends sometimes express disagreement more openly than those who are new to the group (and who might be concerned about creating a negative first impression). That applies here, just like it does elsewhere.

Doc John and (hopefully) Ryan, both of whom I've met on numerous occasions, know that I respect them, and consider each a friend; I enjoy spending time with them, and particularly enjoy Doc John's droll sense of humor and Ryan's keen intellect. That doesn't mean that I expect them to agree with me on everything (or even necessarily on anything). But it does mean that, even when we disagree, I will continue to respect them and consider them friends. And when we disagree, I expect to be able to discuss those disagreements amicably and politely, as I thought Ryan and I had been doing. I don't go looking to infer a particular "negative attitude" in anyone, and particularly in people I've met in person, unless it's very obvious in what they say.

I've noticed that some of the newer folks here sometimes perceive an attitude they find offensive, in people they've never met, where it was never intended and would never be perceived in those posts by someone who isn't already predisposed to be looking for it. All I can say to them is to come out to events (like this one) and meet the people behind the usernames. Most people are a lot more fun (and interesting) to be around in person than any such preconceived notions might allow you to believe. This is all the more so with people that you meet in person when you're getting together to enjoy something you have in common, and you expect to see them over and over again in the future.

robfenn said:
Hardly a nice way to welcome a newbie boys and girls. I've noticed with many a forum that the top job members have is in 'IT'. Have you ever met someone who works in IT that has social skills? May i suggest to all the people making anal comments...get off your computer for 5 minutes.
Just what we need - another "holier than thou" comment. :rolleyes: Maybe all of us including you - need to stop casting aspersions and bashing others, and be nicer to everyone, oldtimers and newbies alike (as well as IT people and non-IT people alike, and any other categories of "someone I think I'm better than" vs "what I am").

God..why don't you dissect every word into an informed opinion. Wouldn't that waste a lot of bandwidth. I guess you always get a few bites when you go fishing!

I find it ironic that i'm percieved as the egotistical one, my (tongue in cheek - duh) opinion is formed from a consistent swaggering arrogance from 'like minded' individuals that i witness on a daily basis here.

What is funny as hell is the fact people are accusing this guy of being supercillious when under each post they have something like:

'92 NSX with headers
'99 NSX with tein suspension
A boat
A blender
A small dick

Wouldn't it be refreshing if someone could just accept they were out of line instead of arguing the toss out of every last detail?

I'm sure my post will fall on deaf ears amongst this company but it was fun typing it anyway..

-Rob

nsxtasy said:
Doc John and (hopefully) Ryan, both of whom I've met on numerous occasions, know that I respect them, and consider each a friend; I enjoy spending time with them, and particularly enjoy Doc John's droll sense of humor and Ryan's keen intellect. That doesn't mean that I expect them to agree with me on everything (or even necessarily on anything). But it does mean that, even when we disagree, I will continue to respect them and consider them friends. And when we disagree, I expect to be able to discuss those disagreements amicably and politely, as I thought Ryan and I had been doing. I don't go looking to infer a particular "negative attitude" in anyone, and particularly in people I've met in person, unless it's very obvious in what they say.

One of the problems with Prime being down over the weekend was our collective inability to address this thread. I know that I wanted to post and attempt to de-escalate the dispute that we were having.

I appreciate your kind words and willingness to meet me halfway. I can be a bit sensitive at times and as you saw it took just one sentence to set me off. I responded in an abrupt manner and you took offense. Since neither of us likes to back down and we both think highly of ourselves (and each other, BTW), it is not surprising it ended up with a bit of argument.

I think we have both said our peace on the subject and I consider the matter closed. I'll see you at the next event.

MMMM folks can see eye to eye on the internet after all,,nice :smile: Robfenn-I would'nt advertise that gonadal shortfall though :tongue:

wow....

I'm never telling you guys when/if I ever get an NSX!! :lol:

i think this is a little out of hand?

i also don't see a problem with saying he's 25 and got it on his own... I would be very proud and happy to have one when I'm 25. 4 years to go... ooh it's scary

I agree that this post is now way off base.

The bottom line is that he is happy to have his new toy and we're now his brethren. The issue that some people have with the initial age comment is that THEY wouldn't volunteer this data because they are aware it will seem presumptuous to ASSUME it will be impressive to others when it may not be.

It may have been more graceful for him not to say that "you're probably wondering...". But as was pointed out, it is equally if not more dis-graceful (and I meant to hyphenate to make a specific point) to enforce your ideals of grace and pick someone's wording apart. Especially when it was a "matter of fact" portion of the overall message, not the subject. When I first read it I thought, "well that won't impress a lot of people here... In fact, I was quite young and still am but would never have come out like that. If someone asks me then fine." But it never crossed my mind to set him straight.

Just move on and look over little things. Wouldn't we like to say the NSX community is all love? The best group of cars guys and as cool a car group as any. Then look for the positive not the negative. BTW, the real reason lots of people list their cars in the sig (at least for me) is to share what you've had or own which allows us to identify and ask each other for impressions, experiences, mods, share challenges, etc. Not to boast.

Thats my sermon. Now lets get back to what we're all hear for...

NoSeX, it seems you like to modify. Do you have a list of what you want to do to the car yet?

Last edited:
Back