• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just bought my first NSX

Greetings!

Just bought my first NSX over the week-end. A 93 with 18K miles/Auto.:smile: Have to go down to Texas a pick it up over the week-end.

I hope it was worth selling my 69 chevelle SS clone and my 01 Camaro SS because thats what it took to make the purchase.:eek:

Did some research and read these forums and I'm excited. Good thing is no payments:biggrin:

The maint cost might be an issue. I plan on wrenching on her myself, (I'm an Aircraft Mech by trade), and I restored the Chevelle doing 75% of the work myself.

Anyway, I plan on stopping by these forum's everyday or so to get even more educated on NSX's.

Thanks to everybody so far on the knowlege you have shared already. Keep it up!

HAL

pics are a definate must! and congratulations!

small talk, but were you always a fan of imports/nsx because going from chevy' ss's is like going from apples to oranges.

azndng said:
pics are a definate must! and congratulations!

small talk, but were you always a fan of imports/nsx because going from chevy' ss's is like going from apples to oranges.

Actually, I've never really cared about imports. The guys that run around with tail pipes that have more CC's than there engines do kinda gives me the creeps. I suspect I won't run into that crowd here. NSX's are still right wheel drive:tongue:

However, I've liked the NSX since they first came out. I remember seeing one going down the 405 fwy when I lived in Long Beach and saying: " I'm gonna get me one of those some day". Here it 15 years later and its finally going to happen.

I still have a custom 55 chevy that has a chopped top among "other" things. I'm hoping to have the best of both worlds now. So to answer your question, it would seem I like both apples and oranges.:wink:

Maybe once I've driven the NSX for awhile, I might think all the apples are spoiled. Time will tell.

Congrats on your purchase, take lots of pics on the ride back. I picked mine up in So Cal and drove it back to La., I know you'll have the ride of your life!:biggrin:

Last edited:
Congratulations,:biggrin: I also owned Chevelles 68 and 69, It’s like going from basic math to quantum physic, :wink: owning an NSX. Your going to love driving the car around 120, I never remember doing that in a Chevelle for extended periods of time. Enjoy :biggrin:

Yea, the old chevelles were alittle scary at anything above 110. Actually the front end would get so light you could hardly steer it.

Its going to be a different story with the 01 Camaro. That thing is a rocket bone stock. It handles decent also.

I'm really looking forward to comparing the two on my 2300 mile round trip,(1150 in each car), this week-end.:biggrin:

Hal_396 said:
Its going to be a different story with the 01 Camaro. That thing is a rocket bone stock. It handles decent also.

I'm really looking forward to comparing the two on my 2300 mile round trip,(1150 in each car), this week-end.:biggrin:

Umm, yeah............Seriously no offense on this one, but I think you're really going to be in for a good surprise if your baseline to judge a "good handling rocket" is a Camaro!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :eek:

Congrats on the car! :biggrin:

Hal_396 said:
Yea, the old chevelles were alittle scary at anything above 110. Actually the front end would get so light you could hardly steer it.

In my experience, tires are the most important on an nsx, to have grip the way the car is setup. I didn't like the car with Dunlop SP8000, I got the Yokohama’s A-022H. Those tires are so much better in my opinion.

Congrats and welcome to PRIME.

For maintenance...PRIME is an excellent resource. The FAQ has the service manual available, and the 'NSX Do-It-Yourself' forum will usually give you all the help you need when you run into problems. I'm sure you'll find members here more than helpful.

Hal_396 said:
LOL! My buddy has an '02 (?) camaro SS heavily modded (NA). It puts down 500+ HP to the wheels (450 tq ?) and has suspension upgrades as well. It rides like crap and handles like the SS Minnow (no pun intended... seriously), but it is definitely a straight-line rocket!! Fun as hell. :biggrin:

I think you'll be very happy with NSX. Its a MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better car all around. Not the torque monster that the camaro can be though.

Back