• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just drove a Gallardo and and Ferrari 430 and boy am I happy.

I'm happy for a whole mess of reasons.

First realize, the NSX is the fastest thing I have ever driven (I'm on my second as I went from a 92 to a 2000-T). No past experience other than a Boxster S and an older 300ZX (NA) so this was my first super car experience other than the NSX. The Ferrari and the Lambo were awesome. Those engines are incredible sounding. The throttle and sound response was staggering and I wish it on my NSX.

BUT... why am I really happy? I love the NSX even more now! I thought both the Lambo and 430 had a less positive feel and I didn't like the high door sills (I know there are new laws that effect this). Now lets give some credit, I did a 3 lap auto cross with these cars through Gotham Dream cars and both cars had more than 60k miles on them and were clearly abused based on this process. I'm sure they were tighter before having the hell beat out of them (Gallardo was also a convertible so that matters as well). Note also, my car is dropped .75, 1.25 on Teins with Bilstien shocks and and NSX-R front stabilizer bar so it's a bit tighter than stock (NSX-T though).

The paddle shifters were much more fun than I imagined. I want them now. I like my NSX's clutch less than before now too. Not strong enough. I'll upgrade that when the stock goes.

Summary: Man do I love both the Lambo and the Ferrari, but I love the NSX just as much. All three cars have their strong points. Now I want to get into tracking so I will need a promotion soon.... (worse yet I put the significant other into the 430 and she liked it a bit too much. Good thing she can't drive stick yet...)

So it was a dream car 'sprint' package from Gotham Cars. Pretty common. It's generally $250 bucks but it's on groupon for $99 sometimes. I bought 2 for New Britian CT so $200. Then I paid $62 for videos. Then I paid another $80 to do the Ferrari. All said and done 3 rides with videos for $342. I thought it was worth it for the experience. They are fast...

Here is my F430 run. Nothing special going around cones but that is the process.

http://youtu.be/NXzxXEU_RBY

(I couldn't find the bbc code on the iPad)

If you see the one of my girlfriend (like I said she doesn't even drive stick so it's funny). @ vid time 2:20 the guy got a radio call that there was a NSX in the parking lot...

See, this is what I want to do. There are several of these "driving experience" companies out there that wheel these supercars around to various tracks and let you drive them (under supervision of course). I'd love to catch them at CMP, VIR, or another track where I've logged a ton of laps in my NSX.....just to see if they're even worth aspiring to from a "fun" standpoint. I don't think I'd be able to help being faster lap-time-wise with an extra 200+ hp on tap and comparatively huge tires, but that's not really the point is it?

I am with you. It's not really the point. Crazy fun though. Those cars MOVE. I need a supercharger now. I asked the guy about maintenance and he told me don't ask...

By odd chance, I just found a GTR specialty shop less than a mile from my house (I live in central CT so it was unlikely). Super nice guy and he's going to fix my bent Ti exhaust. Very pleased. I want to try the GTR now. He had like 8 of them and a BRZ he fitted with a Vette engine. It sounded ridiculous...

Gotham Dream car is a pretty well run outfit.
My wife bought me their "dream car tour" when our first son was born. I got to drive the AM DB9, Bently GTC, F430, Gallardo, Mclaren SLR renntech and a Murcilargo. All conv's from NJ up to 7 Lakes/Bear Mtn.
It was alot of fun for under $ 1000.
Gotham also has tours in LA and Miami.
As far as the CT shop are you referring to the "shop". I believe he has a 8 sec GTR. My friend steve 13 gtr black uses him.

I would like to do the 'car tour'. The GTR guy definately sounded like he knew what he was doing...

The F430 was a amazing experience. Because it was so easy to drive fast, you don't realize how fast you really are going. If it possible I would love to add one to the stable one day. After I get a GT3.

I have always been fond of the 360. I want to try that... GTR is now on the list as well.

My wife got me a pass for something similar to the package offer by Gotham cars, the place is called Classic Car Manhattan. It was a pretty good deal for 600 bucks, you don't get to drive the cars at the track but you get to drive around back roads in NY and NJ without supervison ;-). They even giving free cocktails after you are done driving.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382280717138.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382280717138.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 570
Really not that much although you can get as much as you want. I had 4 laps. It is about a minute a lap. The instruction is only a minute or two. But again, I am sure you can get 20 laps if you want to pay for it.

I did something similar at Pittsburgh international raceway through xtreme xperience. Also through a group on. Was fun, 3 laps on the track instead of autox. Cars were really beat up though. I wasn't allowed to use the paddle shifters, seemingly for fear the transmission would explode :D

I would prefer the paddles I think. That said, you appear to be driving reasonably hard. We were not corning too hard (and you didn't need to get out of 2nd in truth so it was less transmission involved. Cool though…

Back