• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just got my window smashed Robert Lane cant get for three weeks minimum!!!!

Woke up yesterday morning to find the passenger windows smashed in. After calling around the usual suspects in the vain hope i dont have to deal with Robert Lane, alas everyone has the same response: " cant get access to your specific car sir only Robert Lane Honda is qualified to deal with NSX parts."

Damn, anyway wiped away my tears and got ready to bend over for them to give it to me hard. $563 for your window sir and we have nothing available in Australia, so we have to wait to ship it in from Japan. Err sorry sir let me correct that HONDA JAPAN does not have your part in stock and we have to get the supplier to specially make one for you, so that could take 3 to 6 weeks for your window.

WTF just had to gripe about the lack of parts and service for our CAR. Hate buying stuff for the NSx always wait wait wait:mad: :mad:

dippy9 said:
$563 for your window sir and we have nothing available in Australia, so we have to wait to ship it in from Japan. Err sorry sir let me correct that HONDA JAPAN does not have your part in stock and we have to get the supplier to specially make one for you, so that could take 3 to 6 weeks for your window.

WTF just had to gripe about the lack of parts and service for our CAR. Hate buying stuff for the NSx always wait wait wait:mad: :mad:

1. AUD $563 for a passenger (LHS) side window??? :eek:

2. It's not a surprise that Honda Australia don't stock it but Honda Japan don't stock it either??? :eek:

3. They are going to get the supplier (Is it Pilkington?) to make one for you??? :eek:

The NSX production stopped less than a year ago! And now Honda Japan don't keep parts anymore??? :eek:

Dippy I feel you have stumbled across an inevitable predicament for those people who want to keep driving their NSX even though the production has stopped. I expected this situation in 10 years time... NOT within a year! :eek: :mad:

dippy9 said:
Woke up yesterday morning to find the passenger windows smashed in...

If you know who smashed your window or find out who it was... I may know someone who is really talented with a pair of pliers and an electric drill who could help fix things for you... :wink:

Sorry to hear about the window. Well, I don't believe that Honda Japan doesn't have it in stock. It's reasonable that Honda Australia doesn't have it but not Japan. As usual they won't send it express because it's too expense for them.

Dippy, you gotta start sending your wife with the NSX - they may charge more but you'll have the window in under 3 days! :biggrin:

AU_NSX said:
If you know who smashed your window or find out who it was... I may know someone who is really talented with a pair of pliers and an electric drill who could help fix things for you... :wink:

:eek:

HONDA JAPAN does not have it in stock, i repeat JAPAN. I couldn't believe it myself have to wait on their supplier you might be right about Pilkington Mike. Honda Aus dont stock many parts for the NSX at all i think they only have the clutch LOL

Yes thats the price as i said i had to prepare to bend over every time i visit Robert Lane Honda.

I think we will be getting alot of these parts dilemmas as the NSX is not a priority for Honda evidently anymore.

I still would not draw the conclusion that Honda will have problems with parts for the NSX in the next 10 years. What should they say to the owner of a 2005 car: Look, we sell you a car and we won't guarranty parts from next year on. :confused: Reminds me of the Rover-story. It's a great advantage that they produced this car nearly the same for 15 years.
I still believe that Honda Australia doesn't hurry that much, regardless what they tell you. Ok, at least they are willing to get you the part.

Did you have a look-up in the US or for a used one?

AU_NSX said:
Pair of pliers and an electric drill???? Whoooo. THAT’S got me thinking. And thinking. And scratching my head. Whoooo. Yuck. Oh gawd! Eoow. Cringe. Nasty. Ouch.:eek:
Man, I gotta stop pulling the legs of ants and things…

BTW, Dirk in Germany ( ? [email protected] ) probably has a bunch of windows. He has a bunch of just about everything for the NSX. Can a window be shipped safely? They ARE pretty strong.

goldNSX said:
I still would not draw the conclusion that Honda will have problems with parts for the NSX in the next 10 years.

You really got me thinking there :confused: Interesting!!

|Adeel said:
You really got me thinking there :confused: Interesting!!

What a car-manufacturer really fears is BAD REPUTATION. Honda should not even think about building a successor if they can't supply parts for a car that has been built till 2005. I don't want to imagine the bad press on this one. Honda knows that.
I don't even dare to discuss it here because journalist get on this site and see posts like this. Just see it from the economic point of view: Honda parts are not cheap. The higher the price the more likely a part will be produced.

What will get rare/stopped first is the production of things not really needed like map-bag-sets or shift knobs which can be substituted by other brands. I even wonder when Honda recognised that they where selling more Type-R swaybars than they ever sold Type-R cars. :D:D:D
After some years I think it's better to watch out for parts worldwide.

I still believe that Honda Australia doesn't want move their feet. And it's understandable why: if you have to pay $200 to ship it a fast way at a price of $5xx.

Sorry Dippy I did not see this thread until after I PM'd you with all the questions! Did this happen in your building's secure car park?!

I have been through a similar thing with Robert Lane: They did not stock any of the parts they thought were needed to fix my car's leaky a/c after inspecting it.

Also, they would not guarantee that the parts they wanted to order from Japan would even fit my car, nor that replacing them would fix the problem, and even if they ordered parts that wouldn't fit, I'd still have to pay for them.

I'm like this was your flagship model for the last 15 years, and after all that time, you don't even know what parts it uses? Their response was that they only see about 4 NSXs every 6 months, but that they'd call me to sort out what we were going to do about it. I'm still waiting for that call (4 weeks now) and meantime my friendly and creative local mechanic is having a wonderful time removing the dash with the help of the service manual downloaded from Prime :) (Problem is a leaking evaporator. Hopefully can be repaired - we will see).

We should make a way of keeping track of who has what spares locally in case we can help each other out with stuff like this. I'm planning on buying a few of the common things like brakes and clutch just so I know i've got them when I do eventually need them, because I don't trust that Robert Lane will have them when I need them. And missing out on a trip down the GOR or something because I can't get basic part would be a real pain.

Hope you're back on the road soon. Have you got somewhere safe to keep it whilst you're waiting for the window?

I'm happy to help in the States if I can.

I can organise shipping from the US to OZ if someone here won't.

I'll probably have a pallet load to ship back to OZ (Tasmania) sometime next year also.

Wayne

goldNSX said:
What a car-manufacturer really fears is BAD REPUTATION. Honda should not even think about building a successor if they can't supply parts for a car that has been built till 2005. I don't want to imagine the bad press on this one. Honda knows that.
I don't even dare to discuss it here because journalist get on this site and see posts like this. Just see it from the economic point of view: Honda parts are not cheap. The higher the price the more likely a part will be produced.

Good points... And I can't imagine how difficult it will become to sell NSX if the potential buyer know there are difficulties in part supply!

|Adeel said:
Good points... And I can't imagine how difficult it will become to sell NSX if the potential buyer know there are difficulties in part supply!

Yes I think that the parts supply maybe a Honda Australia problem I hope they are lying about them not been in stock in Japan!

I agree that Honda Japan may or may not have stock items. I have to wait for my rear wheel bearing for about 3 months and shocks about the same time also. They said they have to make them hence the long wait. It is better to order some parts earlier than their service schedule. I am ordering straight from Japan though since our local dealer is reaping us off by marking up the prices of the parts to about 3 times it original value.

dippy9 said:
HONDA JAPAN does not have it in stock, i repeat JAPAN. I couldn't believe it myself have to wait on their supplier you might be right about Pilkington Mike. Honda Aus dont stock many parts for the NSX at all i think they only have the clutch LOL

Yes thats the price as i said i had to prepare to bend over every time i visit Robert Lane Honda.

I think we will be getting alot of these parts dilemmas as the NSX is not a priority for Honda evidently anymore.

Peet,

I'm very sure Honda Japan does have it in stock, coz NSX is still very high demand, do you want me to ask my friend ? let me know Peet . . .

---laski

Back