• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just received my 2014 50th Anniversario Gallardo last week!

Hi everyone! I just received ownership from the dealer last week and wanted to share. I love mid-engine RWD cars like the NSX while being manual at the same time, and once I found out that this maybe the LAST manual offered by Lamborghini, and with news on the availability of a future-manual NSX sounding bleak at best, I decided to pull the trigger on this baby.

Wow, this beast is sexy! The sound of the engine is insane as well! I have to be honest, this thing drives like my used '93 manual Civic hatchback, which was also incidentally white and my first car! BUT I mean that in a GOOD way! The car is SO easy to drive, and it handles awesome!

When I first test drove a G, it was in an E-gear, and to be honest, I wasn't used to the automatic and the computer controlling of the gear switching with such a high horse powered engine (I have been mostly driving manuals all my life), and I felt hesitant to purchase (no knock on automatics or the E-Gear whatsoever, I just have no experience of the sort).

Test drove the 50th Anniv. G when it arrived for me, and I only needed like 10 minutes to get used to the car with the salesman and that was it, and I headed for a cruise and then home! (We did the usual learn-the-features of the car for about 30 minutes prior while we were waiting for the insurance lady).

Been going for cruises when the weather is nice, and I have no complaints so far. Except for all the attention (but I KNEW that would be the case in purchasing the vehicle). I am going to have a glass of red wine now and look at the car in the garage!

Sorry no outside pics, as I just want to drive this thing and never stop! :) Hope you can see the NSX beside her in the background! Don't worry, I still absolutely LOVE BOTH!

Cheers!

<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

Attachments

• P1020155.jpg
    P1020155.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 320
  • P1020156.jpg
    P1020156.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 265
  • P1020150.jpg
    P1020150.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 290
  • P1020157.jpg
    P1020157.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 268
  • P1020148.jpg
    P1020148.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
Wow, What a beautiful piecve of work. Congrats on your purchase. I am a little jealous.

I am very happy for you! I had the same concerns/issues with all the shifters (except manual) and I did not know that the Gallardo could still be gotten with a manual.
Please keep us updated on the ownership experience.
Congratulations, again!

Congrats ! you made a great purchase. I was one of the early G owners; a 2004 6-speed and a 2006 E-gear. I miss the manual way more. I was happy to see you can still get a stick.
If the 50th Ann. is a RWD (?), you're in for a or a real treat.
Please ignore the couple of somewhat rude (un)welcoming remarks. Every Forum has a couple of fly-by-parasites who relish in spoiling the party for others; NSXPrime is no exception.

Last edited:
Great choice. I love a manual high Hp Sports car. Those seats aren't that comfortable but they look great.

Small advice: clean out your garage. Looks like something could fall on one of your babies!!

Great choice. I love a manual high Hp Sports car. Those seats aren't that comfortable but they look great.

Small advice: clean out your garage. Looks like something could fall on one of your babies!!

hey now..tell him how you really feel....you know about the handling...:tongue:

WOW. What a great car! What a wonderful life to have two such a great cars. I can only imagine what it must feel like to have such a beautiful Lambo like that to drive whenever you want!
Enjoy!

(PS: Ignore the silly comment about lowering it:rolleyes:)

God that thing is beautiful. Congrats on a great color combo (my favorite white on black). One day I will be able to afford such things, today is just not that day! lol

Congrats! I've always loved the LP 560's. I also the like white over any other color. Red stitching on the black alcantara seals the deal. Do you mind doing an in depth review/comparison later on driveability (acceleration, brakes, steering response, shifter feel, driver connection), daily driving, quirks, etc..? I'd like to know things that surprised you or things that you didn't know about the Gallardo. You can read a lot of reviews from the car mags, but a review from an NSX owner is more special. :biggrin: Thanks. If the 2009's had the dual clutch S-tronic from the 2013/2014 R8 instead of the single I think the E-gear would have been awesome.

Beautiful car, Ray!

Got to drive a friend's (also White over Black) V10 R8 and what a treat that was.....once you got used to properly mating the clutch and throttle pedals ;^D

If it's indeed the last of the RWD / Manual transmission Lambo's, it's a true keeper.

Brian

Back