Just traded my 2000 Blue/Tan for an '05 Blue/Blue

Needed something to bridge the gap until the all new NSX. Couldn't jump ship to the Porsche. Nothing quite measures up to our "old" design from the '80s.

Thanks. I really tried to consider all options. New 911S was the closest competitor. More refined than ever. Faster acceleration than the NSX. It just didn't have the right driving position, plus the tail heavy layout lacked the balanced feel of the mid engine NSX. The C6 Corvette had the lousy build quality and the cheap interior. I really coudn't find a better car than the NSX. Sure would love a better sound system, though...

Since the '05 is being shipped and won't arrive for a couple of weeks, I'm going to take some photos of the 2 cars side by side before they load my '00 on the truck. Should be interesting to see the comparison. The Blue is diffferent as you all know. The new Long Beach Blue is brighter and doesn't have the slightly purple pearl of the Monaco Blue.

Cool congrats!!!
now all u need to do when u take delivery of the new NSX is to update your user name, "NSX00-05" haha LOL j/k :smile:

Cheers

Congratulations! Great move, too; Long Beach Blue Pearl is my favorite color NSX, and Monaco Blue Pearl is my least favorite.

nsxtasy said:
Congratulations! Great move, too; Long Beach Blue Pearl is my favorite color NSX, and Monaco Blue Pearl is my least favorite.

Is monte carlo in the middle then? :tongue:

I wanted Monte Carlo Blue when I got the 2000 but they replaced it with Monaco Blue. Couldn't find a clean low milage used Blue/Tan at the time. Often when I'm out on the road, people pull up next to me and say "love the color!"

Does anyone know the production #'s on the later model Blue cars that aren't in the FAQs?

NSX00 said:
Sure would love a better sound system, though...

Congrats on the new purchase! I too have always loved the blues, particularly the Long Beach Blue.

If you are looking for an improved sound system you might want to consider this. More information on that stereo setup can be found here. There are still a few days left on the auction which ends this Wednesday, and you can end up with a nice new NSX-specific setup, while helping a good cause. :biggrin:

Anyone have a recommendation on a shop in S. Florida that can be trusted to perform a factory-quality install on a new NSX?

NSX00 said:
Anyone have a recommendation on a shop in S. Florida that can be trusted to perform a factory-quality install on a new NSX?

I'm assuming that your talking a stereo install. So, check with or PM NSX Prime user Hugh. He may know of someone as he lives in your area. Otherwise SNDSOUL may have some recommendations for you, he is in the industry and knows quite a few people. Perhaps he knows of someone in Boca.

Hope that helps.

Back