• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

K & N Caused me problems

Just an FYI--I recently started having rough idle, so I did the throttle body cleaning procedure. I notice major black gunk, which looked very much like the black gunk that forms on the K & N air filter when the oil gets dirty. I think this is a downside to using this filter.

Joe Gliksman said:
I noticed the previous post question was from Germany so I answered in German........I had the drop in original type K & N....

I got it now. :wink: I thought I was losing it for a second!

Joe Gliksman said:
Just an FYI--I recently started having rough idle, so I did the throttle body cleaning procedure. I notice major black gunk, which looked very much like the black gunk that forms on the K & N air filter when the oil gets dirty. I think this is a downside to using this filter.

I think you'll find that the "black gunk" that forms in the throttle body in not from the K&N filter. I had the same build-up in my throttle body even though I use an OEM filter with my OEM airbox!

The build-up is normal and is actually caused by the oil breather from the valve cover.

An oil catch can will stop this.

Back