• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kansas City - Service Provider

Anyone recommend a service provider for timing belt/water pump in Kansas City area?

Last edited:
I had mine done at Superior Acura in Lenexa back in July '05. If you go there, insist that Paul does the work. He knows the NSX inside and out. If you belong to the NSXCA, you can get a 20% discount on parts. The service managers are Dave and Jenny. They will treat you very well.

John
'91 Red/Ivory

John,

I had to totally opposite experience at Superior Acura. They tried to charge me $3k for a job that i took to Jay Wolfe Acura and they only charged me $100 for 1 hour labor to repair what was needed. Plus i got a door ding. They also destoryed the panels tabs on my firewall while installing a comptech ESM that was fine to begin with :mad:. Comptech refered me to Jay Wolfe Acura instead due to other issuses that comptech repaired Superiors Acuras previous mistakes. Plus, Stacy never give me my discount with NSXCA so i no longer buy anything from them and purchase my parts exclusively from Tim Polinak from N.Y. who is also on Prime.

If anyone would like more information about Superior Acura P.M. myself or do a search on Prime. I have posted the whole scenario here on prime years ago.

I would also recomend, (prices are exceptional i recently had my clutch, master cylinder, & main relay repaired)

REVLINE MOTORS in downtown Kansas City, MO
1-816-221-4411 ask for Chong

Last edited:
John,

I had to totally opposite experience at Superior Acura. They tried to charge me $3k for a job that i took to Jay Wolfe Acura and they only charged me $100 for 1 hour labor to repair what was needed. Plus i got a door ding. They also destoryed the panels tabs on my firewall while installing a comptech ESM that was fine to begin with :mad:. Comptech refered me to Jay Wolfe Acura instead due to other issuses that comptech repaired Superiors Acuras previous mistakes. Plus, Stacy never give me my discount with NSXCA so i no longer buy anything from them and purchase my parts exclusively from Tim Polinak from N.Y. who is also on Prime.

If anyone would like more information about Superior Acura P.M. myself or do a search on Prime. I have posted the whole scenario here on prime years ago.

I would also recomend, (prices are exceptional i recently had my clutch, master cylinder, & main relay repaired)

REVLINE MOTORS in downtown Kansas City, MO
1-816-221-4411 ask for Chong

If I don't end up doing it myself, this is most likely where I'll have my headers put on.

Joseph,

So sorry to hear about your bad experiences with Superior Acura. I do appreciate the details you have given me. Aside from the TB and WP they changed, the only other things they have done for me are oil changes.

If I get around to replacing my clutch, I will seriously consider your recommendation of RevLine. I need to drive downtown and check them out the next couple of weeks. Thanks again for the info. :biggrin:

John
'91 Red/Ivory

Back