• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Keep stock wheels or sell em?

Just thought I'd put this out there since many of you have bought or sold NSX's and know if the new owner (or you) cared or not if the stock wheels were included. I have a 92 GPW and the previous owner gave me the stock 15/16 wheels with original (not advisable to use!) tires on em. I know ppl like to use the original wheels for tracking, but I don't plan to do that. They are in pretty good shape, but not perfect. So....waiting for anyone to chime in. The car is 100% stock except for wheels and tires, so I've been keeping them in case I ever sell and someone wants to return to stock. They don't seem to be worth much, but then again, if the new owner (if I were to sell) wanted 4 nice ones, it might not be that easy to find. OK - too many words - waiting to hear feedback. Thanks.

you never know when you might need a spare set of wheels.....they are not worth much on the open market but say you bent one of your larger wheels or got a puncture ect .....unless you have a bbk then the point is moot.

Just hold on to them. When you go to sell her the buyer might love that hes getting the stock wheels.... For an extra price. Im not a fan of the stock wheels but everybody is different. Some people love to keep them totally stock. Its a good selling point for those people.

I dislike the stock wheels very much. However, I always keep all stock parts just in case you or any other buyer of the car down the road wants to go back to original. As mentioned, you won't get much for them anyway. Store them.

I dislike the stock wheels very much. However, I always keep all stock parts just in case you or any other buyer of the car down the road wants to go back to original. As mentioned, you won't get much for them anyway. Store them.

agreed

It is always a good idea to keep all stock parts, except wearable items like belts, tires, etc. LOL but I suppose a real enthusiast might even keep those. I kept some old spark plugs from my car since the color kind of gives you an idea of how clean it burns.

If you ever sell it you can put new tires on the stock wheels and sell your wheels separately. Everyone has different taste in wheels.

I don't understand the people who buy a completely stock car and spend a ton on mods only to sell the car later with the mods on it. You can recoup 60-70% of the original price of the mods by selling them in the market place and you will have many more interested buyers with an original car.

P.S. Nice Airship!

Thanks to all who replied - pretty much what I was thinking. and yes...that's a real blimp above my avatar - not photoshopped.

Back