• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

keeping your NSX clean

hi my NSX is a weekend car. After each time i drive it, it gets so dirty ( bugs etc.) How do you keep your cars clean? How often do you spray detail, wash and detail it. Also i ve noticed that some people have really clean engines, now how do you keep that clean
thanks

After a good wash, clay-bar (2-3 times a year), and wax every couple of months or so, I try to maintain it daily with a California Duster for the light dust, and a spray detailer with microfiber cloth for the spots, bugs, bird poo and road grime. Some people here do the wash/wax much more frequently and are able to keep their rides impeccable....

After a good wash, clay-bar (2-3 times a year), and wax every couple of months or so, I try to maintain it daily with a California Duster for the light dust, and a spray detailer with microfiber cloth for the spots, bugs, bird poo and road grime. Some people here do the wash/wax much more frequently and are able to keep their rides impeccable....

+1 :smile:

I use Zaino Products http://www.zainobros.com

I also purchased an OEM cover for the garage to keep the dust from accumulating. Before a drive I just remove the cover and dust the car off with the California Duster. Afterwards depending on how dirty it is I will either wash it (Two bucket method) or use detail spray on the entire car. Then I use 50% vinegar diluted in water on the wheels to remove the water spots and brake dust followed by a coat of wax. Then cover it back up until the next time.

For the engine, some folks use simple green diluted 50% with water. 303 Aerospace protectant is good for the hoses and all the rubber on the car.

Keep it Clean!!!

For the engine bay I just spray some Honda Spray polish on a clean rag and start wiping. I get the firewall, valve covers, etc. It gets it all pretty clean without the need for water. Sure, I may not get all the small pockets that simple green and a toothbrush would, but its good enough for a weekend beater :biggrin:

The best way is to get the WHOLE car super clean then just do a bit on it ever time you clean. That way its not such a chore and the car is clean.

As long as I have a dust-free NSX after a drive in it when it's back home sitting in the garage then I'm happy. If I don't take it out for a long drive then washing and waxing the car won't be necessary. Until then it's just dust off and cover on after a drive. Also being just a weekend car, it only gets out then, so during the week it's inside a cover in the garage.

Hi all,

Would anyone know where I can get a double bucket on wheels for washing my car? I saw it on a video and was told it was at Show Car Garage but can't find it. Specifically, it is 2 seperate buckets on the same caddy with wheels. Not a double wide bucket like Griot's has. I can find those anywhere but obviously seperate buckets are ideal. Thanks

Hi all,

Would anyone know where I can get a double bucket on wheels for washing my car? I saw it on a video and was told it was at Show Car Garage but can't find it. Specifically, it is 2 seperate buckets on the same caddy with wheels. Not a double wide bucket like Griot's has. I can find those anywhere but obviously seperate buckets are ideal. Thanks

Griot's has everything, you sure they dont have it. It's the only products used on mine. PS...the asphalt cleaner works miracles....sprayed my whole driveway before a good sumer rain storm and awake to a nice clean driveway. Didnt even scrub, the tire shine residue is tough to get out of concrete:mad:

Griot's has everything, you sure they dont have it. It's the only products used on mine. PS...the asphalt cleaner works miracles....sprayed my whole driveway before a good sumer rain storm and awake to a nice clean driveway. Didnt even scrub, the tire shine residue is tough to get out of concrete:mad:

I like the driveway clean-up tip. I would wipe my car down with a quick detailer when I returned from a drive, took 15 minutes and then I would cover it so it was ready to roll next time I wanted to take it out for a drive. That way it always looked brand new.

I usually have to wash the car once a month, since the dust level every week is pretty low. A good car duster works or a quick mist detail bottle well. Dilute automotive grade simple green also works for the engine bay. Once you clean up the engine bay, keeping it clean is easier as it does not accumulate as much dust as the exterior. I wipe the engine bay every month, but really don't see much grime buildup.

Back