• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Ken Versus Raiden: Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat fan MUST SEE

bwuahhahaha!
my friend linked me to this and its pretty damn cool
i've been playing street fighter since i was a kid (1991) and this just brings
back the memories... just check it out

http://media.putfile.com/Ken_vs_Rayden

That's awesome! Brings back great memories of me at the local arcade with a big groups of kids taking turns playing SF. :biggrin:

Cool vid! I'm glad he chose Ken over Ryu as Ryu is played out. The choreography was pretty sweet and must have taken some serious time to do. And oh yeah, we all know that Cami, not Chung Li is where the real action is at in SFII! :redface:

Do any of you guys still folow the Capcom SFII style series? The crossovers started getting rediculous and the specials became button smashers. I had the displeasure of playing against my girlfriend at an arcade. She was a newby and I am of course a seasoned vet in the old versions. She managed to DESTROY me by smashing all the buttons as fast as she could! Needless to say I was very disapointed in the play mechanics compared to the older versions. And don't even get me started on MK since it went 3D. Blegghhhh...!!!! :mad:

Juice said:
Cool vid! I'm glad he chose Ken over Ryu as Ryu is played out. The choreography was pretty sweet and must have taken some serious time to do. And oh yeah, we all know that Cami, not Chung Li is where the real action is at in SFII! :redface:

Do any of you guys still folow the Capcom SFII style series? The crossovers started getting rediculous and the specials became button smashers. I had the displeasure of playing against my girlfriend at an arcade. She was a newby and I am of course a seasoned vet in the old versions. She managed to DESTROY me by smashing all the buttons as fast as she could! Needless to say I was very disapointed in the play mechanics compared to the older versions. And don't even get me started on MK since it went 3D. Blegghhhh...!!!! :mad:

HAHAHA i have a phd in mortal kombat 2 and a MBA in Capcom Versus SNK 2 as well as a MS in Street Fighter Alpha 3 =)

(my bad i missed the arcade part... yeah the new arcade one is totally mash-tastic)

for the home versions they have EO (Easy operation) that is a special HOME version that lets you do special moves in one button press, IMHO street fighter and such got so hardcore because of
player skill level, it really leaves casual players a bit behind and not wanting to play because its so damn complicated =)

that being said, i think that Sagat could totally pwn Goro

Last edited:
khappucino said:
HAHAHA i have a phd in mortal kombat 2 and a MBA in Capcom Versus SNK 2 as well as a MS in Street Fighter Alpha 3 =)

(my bad i missed the arcade part... yeah the new arcade one is totally mash-tastic)

for the home versions they have EO (Easy operation) that is a special HOME version that lets you do special moves in one button press, IMHO street fighter and such got so hardcore because of
player skill level, it really leaves casual players a bit behind and not wanting to play because its so damn complicated =)

that being said, i think that Sagat could totally pwn Goro

I also have a PHd in MK2. I actually had a full sized arcade version (with a 27in screen) in my living room for 2 years (that and a 4 player Dungeons and Dragons game...I am a geek). Better half made me get rid of them because they took up too much room. I've also had a Marvel vs Streetfighter, Darkstalkers, and Marvel Superheros arcade games. I am trying to get my hands on a Killer Instinct game console now. Just gotta find a place to put it.

I remember a glitch in MKII where you would jump backwords, then forward, then walk towards the CPU opponent and you could back them into the all and unleash any combo you wanted.

I agree with an earlier poster that the MK started to suck when they went to 3d vs using the digital images of the actors. Hell, I couldn't stand MKIII with the dumb ass run button.

In my youth, when the first MK came out, I took second place in a regional MK tournament that had about 150 or so players. I think I have the T-shirt and plaque around somewhere. I'll try to dig it out. I also remember being pretty decent at SFII and then Marvel derivitives, Marvel Super Heros, Marvel vs Capcom, Marvel vs Capcom II.

Man, I miss those days. Owning kids left and right with a big crowd. I wonder if I still got it? Are there even any arcades left anymore? The one I used to play at in King of Prussia has been closed for years.

ccns23 said:
I also have a PHd in MK2. I actually had a full sized arcade version (with a 27in screen) in my living room for 2 years (that and a 4 player Dungeons and Dragons game...I am a geek). Better half made me get rid of them because they took up too much room. I've also had a Marvel vs Streetfighter, Darkstalkers, and Marvel Superheros arcade games. I am trying to get my hands on a Killer Instinct game console now. Just gotta find a place to put it.

I remember a glitch in MKII where you would jump backwords, then forward, then walk towards the CPU opponent and you could back them into the all and unleash any combo you wanted.

I agree with an earlier poster that the MK started to suck when they went to 3d vs using the digital images of the actors. Hell, I couldn't stand MKIII with the dumb ass run button.

In my youth, when the first MK came out, I took second place in a regional MK tournament that had about 150 or so players. I think I have the T-shirt and plaque around somewhere. I'll try to dig it out. I also remember being pretty decent at SFII and then Marvel derivitives, Marvel Super Heros, Marvel vs Capcom, Marvel vs Capcom II.

Man, I miss those days. Owning kids left and right with a big crowd. I wonder if I still got it? Are there even any arcades left anymore? The one I used to play at in King of Prussia has been closed for years.

haha the era of the arcades is over its all about fighting online

www.shoryuken.com

there still have tournaments, my buddies still travel alot for them,
my friend made it to the Tekken Tag championships in Vegas a while ago,
the kids from Japan still come over and wreck shop though, (except for MVC2 which is totally owned by this kid named Justin Wong from NYC)

haha my favorite for mk1 is the beta version that not everyone got, its the one where you can be sub zero and do combos like
upper cut -> slide -> standing punch juggle -> freeze (repeat)

and mk2 with the amazing high punch anti air move that no one can stop!! =)

xbox live is revitalizing online fighting though, i played some kid in tokyo and it felt like he was right next to me, almost not lag at all

Such nice memories. I remember reading all the special moves, and my old school mates arguing over whether Chung-Li was the sexiest computer game character. :rolleyes:

Re: Woody vs. Scooba Steve

Nobody has mentiond the Sould Caliber II. Much later in life his game finally showed us what a 3D fighter could do. Pure genious. Somehow they manged to capture intuitive button control and accurate time based combo sequences in a package that was as beautiful as it was complex. <sigh>

Now I spend all day playing Halo2 and geting my arse destroyed because everyone at higher levels (>20) seems to be playing on a T1 connection. Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!!! How many times can you throw a grenade and never get a subsequent explosion?

Nerd comparo: How nerdy is it of me to own an original '83 Tron cabinet and own an autographed picture of Bruce Boxlietner who played Alan Bradly/Tron? :redface:

Re: Woody vs. Scooba Steve

Juice said:
Now I spend all day playing Halo2 and geting my arse destroyed because everyone at higher levels (>20) seems to be playing on a T1 connection. Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!!! How many times can you throw a grenade and never get a subsequent explosion?

Nerd comparo: How nerdy is it of me to own an original '83 Tron cabinet and own an autographed picture of Bruce Boxlietner who played Alan Bradly/Tron? :redface:

I hear you there on the Halo2 grenade thing. When the new patch came out a little bit ago, that happened to me a lot and I have a cable modem....

And how much nerdier does it make me that I am jealous that you have an autographed picture of Tron and an 83' Tron cabinet? Tron was the first movie I ever saw, and we saw it at a drive in.

Which reminds me.....what ever happened to the drive in? With all the "retro" stuff going on these days, I would think that someone would set one of them up. I bet it would do some decent business...

NeoNSX said:
Such nice memories. I remember reading all the special moves, and my old school mates arguing over whether Chung-Li was the sexiest computer game character. :rolleyes:

Bah....we all know Mai from King of Fighters was the hottest :biggrin:

ccns23 said:
Bah....we all know Mai from King of Fighters was the hottest :biggrin:

Mai "Me bouncy..........." Nuff Said LOL!

Positive reps for the post!

I loved those games growing up... and you are all mistaken.

Hottest chick in old school games = boss lady lvl 3 of Taito's Renegade C.A. 1985

Renegade

Ciao!

GeIS

hm... i think the girl from Golden Axe was pretty hot too... or the one from Altered Beast!! =)

omg i love video games!!!

then again... lol you guys dont want none... in ...
Yie Ar Kung Fu on Commodore 64 (the real predecessor to all modern fighting games.... dont even say Karate Champ...)
This game had even E.Honda before he became E.Honda with his flying headbutt!!!

Ahhh the memories! I remember spending hours on sfII and arguing about cheap throughs and BS combos... Complaining that some of guiles combos were cheap because a skilled user could combo your ass off! I myself always liked Morrigan from darkstalkers the best. Something hot about her! OHHH baby I love your pixels.. LOL.
Good Times :biggrin:

That was pretty cool. I still enjoy playing Killer Instinct every once in a while. Its all original, one of those things I'll never sell.

Attachments

• DSCF000222x.jpg
    DSCF000222x.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 169
Syonara said:
That was pretty cool. I still enjoy playing Killer Instinct every once in a while. Its all original, one of those things I'll never sell.

hey does your version of killer instinct let Sabre Wolf, Fulgore, and Chief Thunder do their ultra's while the opponent is still in the air??

hehe that was my way of cheating when that game came out LOL, knock them up in the air (causing red life status) with sabre wolf, and then hit them with an ultra combo before they land bwuhahaahahah

GeNSX said:
Positive reps for the post!

I loved those games growing up... and you are all mistaken.

Hottest chick in old school games = boss lady lvl 3 of Taito's Renegade C.A. 1985

Renegade

Ciao!

GeIS

hey GeIS where in NC are you from?
my arcade stomping grounds were Fayetteville, Raleigh, and Durham

khappucino said:
hey does your version of killer instinct let Sabre Wolf, Fulgore, and Chief Thunder do their ultra's while the opponent is still in the air??

hehe that was my way of cheating when that game came out LOL, knock them up in the air (causing red life status) with sabre wolf, and then hit them with an ultra combo before they land bwuhahaahahah

It used to do those glitches until I received the software update. There were a few things that were different, for instance the code to play as Eyedol (last boss) was changed from Riptor to Cinder. The combo glitches were fixed too.

Oh, and for everyone who thought they were good at these games, you need to check out some of these videos.....

http://darktemplarz.com/combovids.php

ccns23, Thanks, and good luck in your search.

Syonara said:
It used to do those glitches until I received the software update. There were a few things that were different, for instance the code to play as Eyedol (last boss) was changed from Riptor to Cinder. The combo glitches were fixed too.

Oh, and for everyone who thought they were good at these games, you need to check out some of these videos.....

http://darktemplarz.com/combovids.php

ccns23, Thanks, and good luck in your search.

lol yeah, i figured out how good i wasnt lol after i played some kids from overseas in Street Fighter Alpha 3.... lol, damn i couldnt touch the ground once....damn you V-Akuma...

haha yeah i know what you mean, lol although tournament play is very lame to watch :biggrin: hehe casual play is more fun =)

again www.shoryuken.com

khappucino said:
hey GeIS where in NC are you from?
my arcade stomping grounds were Fayetteville, Raleigh, and Durham

Hey Khappucino,

I grew up in NorCal, but am a transplant to Spring Lake, NC.

By the way, I think Yie Are Kung Fu was first a coin-op that got ported to the C64... man I loved the C64... might have to fire up the emulator to get my fix in.

Take care and don't use the wallet trick for Track and Field... the button guards are tough on the leather.

GeNSX

Back