• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kid's Day At the Glen

This is touring laps (except for Jadkar :eek:) of the track with the kids from Camp Good Days. Therefore no helmets or special preparation of your car are necessary.

The kids arrive around 11am and, for about an hour, we give them rides around the track. Many, many car clubs attend each year. Probably over a 100 cars last year.

Trackmasters is also running a driving school that day. However, it is only open to advanced students. Most of the gang hangs out all day watching the folks like RSO34 and myself zoom around the track.

Cost:
TOURING LAPS with the kids .......$60.00
GUEST LUNCHES AND RIDES.......$15.00/Adult
Hotel Room (a very long day if you drive to/from)

visit www.trackmasters.com for more details
I do hate to correct our esteemed friend, but last year didn't happen!:frown:

Don't count me out,working on it.....

I am going to try to make it this year. I was all booked last year and then it was cancelled. If I can get a room for the night before I'll be there.

Hope to see y'all there.

Tytus

Got me a room at Falls Motel so I'll be there. BTW they still have rooms available.

Tytus

Last edited:
Jan and I will be attending - we got a room at the Super8 in Bath for two nights (23 miles away). Note that the Wyndham web site was 20% less than Expedia, etc, if you are willing to make a non-refundable reservation.

Do we need to do anything else or will NSX prime make the reservations at the track itself?

Jan and I plan to tour Watkins Glen State Park the next morning and then go on to Niagara Falls. On Friday there is a wine festival in the Watkins Glen area, and we may hit that on the return trip. Anyone interested in a mini caravan for a side trip to Niagara Falls? PM me for a discussion onthe side trip.

Hi Frank,

Glad to hear Jan and you can make it.

Please visit www.trackmasters.com to sign up for the event. You can also pay on the day, but it can get hectic that morning.

I think the wine festival is actually at the track. Typically the driving school uses the paddock area, but because of the festival, the NSX club commandeers the far end of the bleachers.

A caravan up to the Glen sounds good to Carla and I.

-Don

Hi Don,

A caravan sounds good. Let's work out details in early July. I'm now retired, so I can leave anytime on Tuesday, with "after lunch" sounding good for arriving in time for the group dinner.

Frank

Let me bump this one.I'm all set.Look forward to getting on the track for 1 event.:redface: I hope I remember which way the cars go:eek:

I hope I remember which way the cars go:eek:

Just make sure your car doesn't repossessed again like the last time....

21639389_qa745-L.jpg

We need the bumblebee to help get some more smiles like these........

174475772_VLTJu-L.jpg

174486989_Zsbue-L.jpg

174487019_kdL3f-L.jpg

82997251_ixhLs-L.jpg

82997268_wcLPp-L.jpg

82997290_BxmPA-L.jpg

167749912_gCTuw-X3-1.jpg

174475829_ffVLc-L.jpg

Just a reminder that this is the most fun that you can have and at the same time do something good for the Kids.
I just booked my room at the Long House Lodge once again. If you're going to stay there, do not book online, call them, also ask them for the NSX club discount which they've once again agreed to extend. The "standard" room with the discount is $76 instead of $108 online.
After you've made the arrangements, don't forget to RSVP on the "Dinner Thread"!

Argh!! I may have to miss this again :( We are closing on our house next Friday. July is gonna be all booked up with unpacking and getting settled in the new house.

Just checking, is this event rain or shine?

Tytus

It seems that no matter what the forecast, the rain seems to lift while we're on the track with the kids. It's been real hot and humid a few times, and cold and damp, but when the busses pull up and the kids get out and see all the cars, the smiles clear up all the precipitation!!! Book a room and plan on attending, it's well worth it!!!

Trackmasters is also running a driving school that day. However, it is only open to advanced students. Most of the gang hangs out all day watching the folks like RSO34 and myself zoom around the track.

visit www.trackmasters.com for more details

The Trackmasters site says that the school that day is for "Intermediate" level drivers. (Intermediate meaning 6 or more days of on-track experience)

correct you are. It is "intermediate/advanced" . They only run two schools. The other being "Novice"

Now could someone post the link to the form for registration for kids day?:redface:
I'm confused on that.

Wednesday July 15th.

Let's start the sign up list! :biggrin:

1. Pooh
2. TheDon67
3. RSO
4. pbassjo
5. RPM217
6. KingKongNSX
7. Gsommer
8. Jadkar
9. LarryB
10. Jalnjr
11. Clembeauch and friends!
12. The Hawk
13. Tytus (maybe)

Don, can we get an update on this list?!

I heard a rumor that we might have someone driving (actually towing the NSX) up from Florida to join us!!!!:eek:

Hi Roger,
There is a rumor to that effect. I have to address some issues with my cheap sob father-in-law up there while Susan stays behind working to pay for new toys :biggrin: I am looking forward to seeing you all, or at least most of you (LOL). Will be staying at the Falls Motel.

Hi Roger,
There is a rumor to that effect. I have to address some issues with my cheap sob father-in-law up there while Susan stays behind working to pay for new toys :biggrin: I am looking forward to seeing you all, or at least most of you (LOL). Will be staying at the Falls Motel.
Would you be referring to the guy that calls you that "rat ba-tard son in law", cause if you are.................be careful, sometimes he lurks here!!!!

Hi Roger,

Something we should know about????:D:D

Regards,
LarryB

Back