• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kids Day at Watkins Glen July 16-17, 2018

The Northeast Region of the NSX Club of America is pleased to announce that Kids' Day at Watkins Glen will be happening again this year!!

We will travel up to Camp Good Days on Monday July 16th and do a car show for the kids at the Camp facility on Keuka Lake. We will dine with the campers that evening and will return to our base location, The Falls Motel, after dinner. Regular rooms are $103 and King rooms are $135 for this event.

http://thefallsmotel.com/
Tel: 607-535-7262 (please call to make a reservation)

Please mention that you are coming up for the SCDA track event.

On Tuesday July 17th, the campers will be brought to the track in their buses where we will be taking them for parade laps during the track's traditional lunch break. Last year there was some confusion but hopefully it won't happen again as I have personally been dealing with the track contact to get this done.

After the parade laps the track has been generous again to provide lunch for the campers in the Glen Club overlooking the esses. We will again serve the campers and allow them to eat first and take the tables and chairs after which we can grab lunch but please let all the campers and staff eat and sit first - we are there to serve them and make sure they have a great day. After lunch we will clean up the Glen Club just like last year.

Please confirm in this thread and make hotel reservations sooner rather than later to avoid getting shut out of our base hotel.

i-MPDz9Zs-XL.jpg

i-bS2gBRV-XL.jpg

i-S79JnTF-XL.jpg

i-GWqPsQv-XL.jpg

i-RP8SR9n-XL.jpg

i-cgQFqBn-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Hotel is booked, calendar is blocked off, and as usual, I'm looking forward to this event. Starting the list.......who's coming?
1) RSO
2) RPM217
3) Larry B
4) Speed Junkie (Bob Maurer)
5) Climberao(aka "Droneman")
6) The Don (and the lovely Carla)
7) Joe and Janet
8) Jesse and Masha
9) Bernie Naegele
10) Peter Mills
11) Lamchop (clutch dependent)
12) Jerry
13) Jana
14) Jadkar
15) Old Duffer

Last edited:
In order to avoid legal/insurance impediments like in recent prior years, all of our attendees will need to register for the event through the official SCDA website link that will be provided to us prior to the event. This is mandatory so that all of our drivers will be deemed to be part of the SCDA event and the Kids Day portion will be covered by the SCDA CGL policy. The link will be posted and emailed after it is set up but everyone must register through the SCDA otherwise you will not be permitted on the track.

I've booked the hotel and the SCDA track event so I won't be able to be at the camp but if someone could please text me the plans for the evening after the camp, even if just to go back to The Falls, I'll try to meet up with you all. Please PM me & I'll send my cell phone number - don't want to post it.
THX,
SpeedJunkie

Last edited:
I've booked the hotel and the SCDA track event so I won't be able to be at the camp but if someone could please text me the plans for the evening after the camp, even if just to go back to The Falls, I'll try to meet up with you all. Please PM me & I'll send my cell phone number - don't want to post it.
THX,
SpeedJunkie

We will be basic at the falls after dinner with the kids

Thanks, I'll see you all when you get back to the hotel... ;>)

Can't wait I'm Booked and Drone is packed and ready for the Camp

I'm having problem with my clutch slipping. Tat local prime member check it out for me and said, I need a new clutch! I'm also having problem getting Larry to do the clutch for me. But if I get my clutch done in time, I will go. I'm going to book the hotel and if needed, cancel later.Larry, please help!
bump for a great cause

I can't make Mondays activities. Is it possible to just join in for the lunch at the Glen on Tuesday?

1) RSO
2) RPM217
3) Larry B
5) Jesse/Masha
6) Climberao (Alan aka "Droneman")
7) The Don

Glad you're coming

Nice to have you back besides I need a Drone observer at the camp :smile:

everyone is cheering at the local waffle house......

1) RSO
2) RPM217
3) Larry B
5) Jesse/Masha
6) Pbassjo
7) Climberao (Alan aka "Droneman")
8) The Don

1) RSO
2) RPM217
3) Larry B