• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kid's Day July 17-18 Watkins Glen

please let me know ASAP if you are bringing a guest so we can let the camp know how many to expect for dinner.

Jeanne would like to go but it is day-to-day with the Parkinson's and we won't be sure until that day. Count us as one for the head count and if she goes we will split the meal. I eat too much anyway. :smile:
Thanks.

update:

We have to provide total numbers attending by this monday july 10th

also, all of our drivers will need to register on the scda website - i will post the link later

Just a not so gentle reminder that we need a head count and for all drivers to register with the SCDA at the link in the post above today

Just a not so gentle reminder that we need a head count and for all drivers to register with the SCDA at the link in the post above today
Beat me to the punch, we need to know how many are bringing a "significant other", or "friend". Also, it would be great to get more cars!!! Come on, this is a great event, for a great cause, and you'll get more out of it, than you give!!!

Remember, today is the cutoff to register with the SCDA web site, so you can actually get on the track and drive the Kids!!!!

Thank you to everyone who registered with the SCDA!

Bastanza, Larry [Confirmed]
Bonhomme, Richard [Confirmed]
Evans, Charles [Confirmed]
Goulart, Elivan [Confirmed]
Gruber, William [Confirmed]
Lomoriello, Joseph [Confirmed]
Loucks, Jesse [Confirmed]
Matles, Roger [Confirmed]
Maurer, Bob [Confirmed]
MILLS, PETER [Confirmed]
Offsie, Alan [Confirmed]
Ondrovic, Robert [Confirmed]
Scott, Mark [Confirmed]
Vajdak, Jana [Confirmed]
Vajdak, Jerry [Confirmed]
Witt, Ronald C. [Confirmed]

Elivan is the owner of SCDA and Bill Gruber is an Aston owner who used to do Kids' Day when it was open to all car clubs years ago and Bill joined the NSXCA this year JUST TO BE ABLE TO ATTEND AGAIN!

Thank you Bill and a big THANK YOU to Elivan!

nice...you folks will have fun.......don't let us poor scrubs go without plenty of pics!

Sorry, been busy and didn't check prime for all these updates. I've just registered and it's just me.

Frankie

I spoke with the camp yestersday, and our plan is to arrive around 2:30pm at Camp Good Days. I am thinking we should meet at 9:30am for the ride out. We can gather at the Fall Motel, then go over to the camp.

Falls Motel: 239 N Genesee St, Montour Falls, NY 14865 Phone: (607) 535-7262
Camp Good Days: 643 W Lake Rd, Branchport, NY 14418

After looking for a meeting place, for those coming from East, we can meet at the QuickChek in Goshen NY at 9:30am. If you take Route17 to Exit 125, come off the exit, make a left, cross South Street and continue on 17m for about a 1/2 mile. The QuickChek is on your left. Here is the link on Google maps: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Q...2bf4fdfca991bf!8m2!3d41.3935356!4d-74.3312088

LMK who will meet there, and we can plan accordingly. If you want to come a little earlier, some may want to meet at my house, that should be around 9:00am

Regards,
LarryB

Larry,
What time shall we meet @ The Falls Motel?
Bob M.

I am thinking we should plan to meet and leave the Falls Hotel at 2:00pm to go to the Camp.

Larry,
I'm going to go directly to the camp so don't look for me at The Falls Motel.
Bob M.

I was up there today and the flash flooding yesterday only resulted in water in one cabin but our usual parking area is usable

Larry,

I'll try to be there by 9:30, but if I'm not there by then don't wait for me. I'll catch up at the Falls Motel.

Frankie

I can't believe I'm the first to upload!
This is after the lunch and after we took the kids out as everyone was getting ready for photos.
I'd say all the kids and counselors got to go out on track three times in three different cars.
Huge thanks to SCDA too. Many of their drivers helped out.
Short Video

Last edited:
Back