• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

L_M_21 ´92 NSX Formula Red

Hello everyone, I´m new member on the group and recently bought a NSX. I have been researched along time ago about the model for this the nsxprime forum is a reference for me, and now that I have one I like share with the group my project.

Well, about my NSX, this is a 92 model, and have 100 000km (60 000 miles), and was been modified by the previous owner with Wings West body kit, custom interior wadding, and some other mods that i will be explain with the elapse of the project. However my car needed some atencion and i will be to do a little restauration/ modification process to make this NSX return to stay like a new model.

There was a list of mods that a car have:
-Exterior
Wings West Body Kit
NSX-R Carbon Wing
Seibon Carbon Hood
OEM Engine cover removed

-Interior
Seats and doors wadding with black and red,
ITR shift knob replica
Custom audio system (worst than the bose oem system :mad:)

-Chassis/motor
D2 coilover (the best part of the mods :biggrin:)
18/19 wheels (haven´t any mark, is a replicas too)
Blue silicone tubes in motor compartment

Well and then the list of mods that i plan to do

-Respray the damage parts and finally detail the car
-NSX-R Engine cover
-Remove the custom silver grids and put black grids in hood and side skirts
-Put OEM look in the motor compartment
-Restore the interior like the Zanardi edition(in this point i agree some sugestions)
-New custom audio

There are more mods to do, but now is that I was remember. New photos soon...

I´m sorry if my engish isn´t the best :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

well there is the first photos of the car

2zbn.jpg bfzx.jpg pcla.jpg n7xf.jpg mg0u.jpg

Welcome! Hope to see you again as a member on NSX Club Europe forum

Thanks Red3ullZz . I´m already ready registered on NSX Club Europe.... only need to make my presentation and i will be participate in this forum too :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to another portuguese member! :wink:

Thank you BBVNSX , you have a great build on your NSX , congratulations

Thanks KKND :wink:

WillErickson i have the same opinion, I love the car but the wheels aren´t the best, in the future i plan to bought new wheels, however this is the last "step" because the high price

New photos from the current interior and the engine bay, that is the parts that i plan to modify first...

sb9i.jpg

In the next photo you can see the air duct with damaged paint, and the strut bar with new paint already.

uqg7.jpg

jl65.jpg

Last edited:
new update of topic... this time is the reconditioning of the "radiator compartment" .
you can see in first pictures that the car haven´t spare tire because the horn of alarm obstruct the tire, the battery haven´t the grid mounted and some rusty parts that was restored in the last pictures... well there is the pictures of my first work in the nsx, enjoy :wink:

-Before:

xlsm.jpg

n8av.jpg

-parts that was resprayed in glossy black like battery grid, horn, radiator stay bracklet, rear tie bar, strut bar and other small parts..

6o05.jpg

...and finishing result, with all compartment cleaned and parts restored already installed.

vu5b.jpg

hhxp.jpg

nqi9.jpg

Well, new update...
This time is the carbon hood that have some attencion.
The work consists in replace the silver grids by black grids, and in the interior of the hood i installed new oem tube fixer´s, finally the work is complete with lightly polich.
See the photos :wink:

-Before

grmp.jpg

akwy.jpg

-After

6lvg.jpg

yyzu.jpg

Thanks KKND :wink:

Well one more shot to remenber the look of engine bay when i bought the car

fwnr.jpg

...and some details of scratches and dust marks
w1y3.jpg

tuqy.jpg

Next follows some pictures about the work that i have in the engine bay...
I start with repaint valve covers, with VHT wrinkle effect, the finish effect wasn´t stay very wrinkle but for is good :cool:...

-old paint
39br.jpg

-Paint removed
7p97.jpg

-Resprayed with vht wrinkle red
3pi1.jpg

-air duct resprayes with glossy black
w89k.jpg

-Black frame around of engine bay respray with same glssy black like air duct
k291.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And finally some shots of new look of engine with new radiator cap and billet aluminum filler cap from spoon sports
I hope that you like
enjoy :smile:

uap4.jpg

ojjv.jpg

m7q7.jpg

Luis my man,

it's getting there :wink:

i really need to go meet you one of these afternoons !!

Keep up the good work.

Nuno

Finally, the icing on the cake is ..... NSX-R engine cover.... make the final look of my engine bay
next the show off !

2v16qn6.jpg

2ly3cb9.jpg

2u61pxj.jpg

208wb3r.jpg

In the last picture you can see new ScienceofSpeed Engine Hatch Struts that i bought with the engine cover too.
thanks for the coments, more updates today...

Nice build.

You never really know how dirty a car is until you really detail the areas that never get the attention. Great job.

Next exterior, I went to rapaint front bumper and front left panel, remove rust from some steel brackets and repaint calipers in Silver with black letters... I think that this combination color give to the car one touch of OEM look

-Front bumper chassis bar resprayed in black anti-rust to protect the steel. The horns and fog lights bracket have the same process and have some bolts replaced by another ones in stainless.

2i0qbmq.jpg

fdzuvs.jpg

xm7inb.jpg

2wgi0l1.jpg

...and some little step about interior mods......

27zyjbb.jpg

I hope that you like the progress work guys :wink:

Last edited:
how did you manage to deal with the rusts in the "radiator compartment?" Have any before and afters of those? A bit hard to see after the spare tire was installed. thanks! : )

Back