• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lamborghini Gallardo Insights

I recently realized the enormous drivetrain loss these AWD cars have. The power to weight of a Gallardo is actually worse than my turbo NSX. I was thinking someday I'd want to upgrade to a Gallardo, but not if it is slower!

I think I'd have to hold out for a Murc.

I've been trying to tell people that....... esp. those that relish power.

I think the drivetrain loss is worth the ridiculous hotness of the car! :eek::biggrin:

They pretty common around here. that and 360, 430.

Murci, F50, Enzo, CGT, etc. - now that's exotic and rare.

Because most people can't:

- afford them
- fix them
- maintain them
- put gas in them

People that can afford these cars would drive them like a NSX daily beater.

Do any Prime members in the DelMARVA area have a Gallardo?

I am really on the fence right now!

I have owned a 1995 NSX and loved it.

I then purchased a 2000 NSX that is in such mint condition that I hate to sell it. Even so, I am considering either a Gallardo or an 02-05 NSX.

I really hate to part with my 2000 NSX as it has been 100% trouble-free, looks like new and only has 16k miles. Even so, I really like to get new "toys" every year or two.

The only thing that concerns me about the Gallardo is the maintenance costs....arghhh!

I am really on the fence right now!

I have owned a 1995 NSX and loved it.

I then purchased a 2000 NSX that is in such mint condition that I hate to sell it. Even so, I am considering either a Gallardo or an 02-05 NSX.

I really hate to part with my 2000 NSX as it has been 100% trouble-free, looks like new and only has 16k miles. Even so, I really like to get new "toys" every year or two.

The only thing that concerns me about the Gallardo is the maintenance costs....arghhh!
There is a reason why most people with the money to do so buy exotics within their warranty period. That said, the Gallardo is a blasty blast. If I were going to buy a vehicle--out of warranty, that price range--I'd just go ahead and get the Murci.

Z8 for 81.5 http://inventory.switchcars.com/cardetails.asp?VIN=WBAEJ13451AH61044

Anyone looking at Gallardos better be under 6ft tall or have very short legs. I just looked at one the other day & leg room is limited. Ford GT door closure would have sliced the top 3in of my head off. Murcie has less legroom than Gallardo. Something to consider if you're tall.[/QUOTE

Under 6ft tall? Lol I'm 6"4" and I fit great in the Gallardo... I've owned 3 S2000's and the gallardo has much more room inside. It all depends on how you're built, no 2 ppl are alike.

On another note, I too have been following the market for 3+ years (serious on getting one). I find it funny on a lot of the misinformation in this thread towards exotics and such.

Someone in this thread stated a highly modded 'regular car' vs. exotic.... well this comparison will always be made. If i'm buying an expensive, hand built car... I don't mind paying for the craftsmanship. Besides, if we were to compare modded to modded, not to much on the road (if anything) can touch an UR TT Gallardo ;)

Last edited:
Amen.

Nothing like the Lambo doors opening and closing while people gawk.
LOL, Gallardo doors open the same as the NSX doors, and for that matter, the same way as a Honda Accord. If you don't put a scissor kit on, you'd be needing the Murci for gawking, or get a Ford GT and people fall out of their cars trying to get a look or take a picture, it's really quite comical!!!:eek:

Someone in this thread stated a highly modded 'regular car' vs. exotic.... well this comparison will always be made. If i'm buying an expensive, hand built car... I don't mind paying for the craftsmanship. Besides, if we were to compare modded to modded, not to much on the road (if anything) can touch an UR TT Gallardo ;)

I totally agree with those irrelevant comparisons.

Just got caught up on this thread. First off Deltron, congrats on the purchase. I hope (and think for sure) you are enjoying it.

After I got the NSX, my "dream car" I thought I would stop wanting anything else. But I kind of have a desire for a G or F430. At this time, I simply don't have the garage space (only 2) for anything else and am unwilling to let the NSX (dream car) or M3 (attachment) go. I can only drive a really fun car for 7 months because of the winter and simply would not be able to really enjoy that many cars.

Also as Vegas alluded to earlier, you have to make the right financial decisions. It's not just a matter of simply being able to afford it, but to do so while maintaining your wealth. I've burned plenty of cash in vehicles already and have more than I need. I hope to get one of these exotics when the time is right. If the G/F430 (and not the NSX) was my dream car, I would probably have one sitting in the garage.

I just a black Gallardo in the sleepy town where I work. Exotics are never driven here, only people passing through on very rare occasion. Must admit, I started craving one.

Do you guys think 02-05 NSXs will ever be worth more than Gallardos? Just because the L-cars are depreciating faster and the production is greater.

Do you guys think 02-05 NSXs will ever be worth more than Gallardos? Just because the L-cars are depreciating faster and the production is greater.

I hope so, And the L-Cars are no where near as reliable. But oddly enough i will still buy a Murci when i sell my NSX

Back