• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Landcruiser vs. Lexus lx470, which to pick up?

Thinking of picking one of these up model year 2002-07 body style, having a hard time deciding, any prime member owns a landcruiser or lx470? Let's hear your thought.

Not have owned either, they are both built by the same company {technically}. I would only guess the LX470 is a bit more on the luxury side.
Thinking of picking one of these up model year 2002-07 body style, having a hard time deciding, any prime member owns a landcruiser or lx470? Let's hear your thought.

Yeah, I'm leaning more toward the landcruiser due to the long standing model being around since the 50's but for sure lx470 has little more luxury in terms of creature comfort and air suspension.

love my 02 cruiser...holds plenty of stuff...get one from the south or desert ....the NE winters and road treatments will make anything rust....

love my 02 cruiser...holds plenty of stuff...get one from the south or desert ....the NE winters and road treatments will make anything rust....

Hi Doc, thanks for the tip.

They are not cheap to repair..I had to have the rear cabin ac lines replaced...they had to lift the body off the frame ...:rolleyes:...but for a boat it handles well..I get it into all sorts of wild lean angles..but once it takes a set it holds on.

Had experience with both. I used to own a LX470 and I think it's still one of the best capable SUVs out there. You can't go wrong with its luxurious trims and its superb ride and handling with height control suspension system. Drove it in the snow, off roads, sand dunes, coast to coast trips, floods you name it and still arrive in style during those tie events.

Test drive both and you'll definitely go with the LX. I replaced my LX with a GX470 which is basically the same as the LX470 still fits 7-8 person but smaller which makes it exceptionally better in handling and performance. Interior build and trims are almost identical.

The new(er) generations of the 4Runner and Land Cruiser are... styling nightmares (IMVHO)! Interestingly the larger 'Yota-utes have become odd designs, whereas the smaller ones (RAV4, Highlander) are rather stylish and chic.

Nothing compares to an ol' school '90s/'00s Land Cruiser. Only thing to make it better would be oil-field shares! :D

In other words the LX470 is a land cruiser in tuxedos. ;)
For maintenance work I usually take it to toyota dealership which significantly cheaper than lexus. :)

The new(er) generations of the 4Runner and Land Cruiser are... styling nightmares (IMVHO)! Interestingly the larger 'Yota-utes have become odd designs, whereas the smaller ones (RAV4, Highlander) are rather stylish and chic.

Nothing compares to an ol' school '90s/'00s Land Cruiser. Only thing to make it better would be oil-field shares! :D

gas mileage is horrendous: :redface:

I work for Toyota here in New Zealand and find the two both very capable vehicles however the cruiser is Definatly a bit more hard going, a real workhorse. The Lexus however is nicely specced and luxurious when needed. Family orientated vehicle :) either one should be very nice

Back