• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Larry G???

tr 250..where in the tr evolution did that come out? looks like plenty of ansa to me...:smile: glass 308's were the ones to have right?

DSC03079.jpg

In Europe it would have been called the TR 5 with Fuel Injection. The U.S. version had carbs and it is the Tr 250 (2500 cc's). They made the cars one year 1968, between the the TR 4A and the TR 6. It is a TR 6 drive train and chassis.

What happened was Triumph changed body designer for the new TR6. They did not have the bodies ready for the model year. Triumph put the TR 4 Italian design bodies on the TR 5 what would become the TR6. Whew!

Last edited:
I had a 75 TR6 - great car, but very heavy compared to others........used to have an actual British Leyland (sp) dealership in Toronto and it did well until they went under or were bought up by another Mfg. Had selection of MG's as well, one was used for winter when I lived in Banff, had the tires studded and got a lot of strange looks each day I went to the slopes.........ha, ha - wasn't sure if the look were at me or the car. Nice to see someone has the old TR around - be a nice toy to have.

So does this mean we will be returning to "Perkins Cove"??

We can only hope:).

I do hope all is well with you.

Regards,
LarryB

View attachment 97753

In Europe it would have been called the TR 5 with Fuel Injection. The U.S. version had carbs and it is the Tr 250 (2500 cc's). They made the cars one year 1968, between the the TR 4A and the TR 6. It is a TR 6 drive train and chassis.

What happened was Triumph changed body designer for the new TR6. They did not have the bodies ready for the model year. Triumph put the TR 4 Italian design bodies on the TR 5 what would become the TR6. Whew!

I love this car. I thought the TR4, TR4a with IRS were so cool. I remember driving a buddy's TR4 with stacks, headers and a full race cam for a few days. Heaven.
I was next to a friend that had a 64 Corvette Coupe with a 327 and gave him a fit when he couldn't pull away from me the way he thought he should have. That Triumph looked and sounded like a garbage truck but it could go.
What I love about the NSX and S2000 is they remind me so much of the British sports cars of my youth without all the mechanical drama.
I had a green 67 MG with the same stripe treatment at 17. Knock off wire wheels, Stromberg carbs. GREAT EXHAUST SOUND. I still have the shift knob in my living room curio. I drove that car through winter in foot deep snow too. Great times.
You've got good taste Rich.

Last edited:
Larry!!

Nice to hear from you. You guys will have an open invitation... Ditto, things are great, hope everything is good at home, health and all.
Just looking forward to spring.

Cheers Rich

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Joe,

You're right, it is a blast to drive!! No winters though. :biggrin: Hope all is going great!!

Rich

I second the motion. Plus I miss the good ole days of your events. Fond memories of Tony and Bob and their ice cream sundaes......

Back