• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

last poster

how hard would it be to include the last poster name to the last post headings in the main menu like nsxsc? I think that is a pretty cool feature because it allows you to see if people have posted after you. It also shows who is posting, as there are some opinions out there some might not be interested in.

[This message has been edited by justin hall (edited 24 July 2001).]

Justin,
That's weird, I was just thinking the same thing myself. (you've been hanging out at NSX$C Forums too long!) Would be cool if Lud could do that. Another cool feature would be the ability to go to the next newest or the next oldest post. Lud? Take care, John.

[This message has been edited by ANYTIME (edited 25 July 2001).]

Newest and next oldest topic links are already at the top right and bottom right of every discussion thread. Or are you talking about something different?

I can do the "last post by" hack if people are interested. I'm kind of looking at totally upgrading the system to either UBB 6 or vBulletin in a few months, which both have that built in I believe. There are some other quirks with UBB 5 which are starting to get annoying.

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 25 July 2001).]

Lud - I have upgraded my Jeep Outfitters forums to the 6.05, check it out here: http://www.jeepoutfitters.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

The 6.05 includes the Last Posted By feature. Here's my thought on upgrading. It was a royal pain in the butt. I would wait 60 days unit 6.2 comes out. They are releasing 6.1 beta next week, which has all new files from 6.05. I heard that 6.1 is more stable, but 6.2 will have some cool stuff built-in, like "who's online" and "instant messaging". To upgrade from 6.1, then to 6.2 will be all new cgi files, so I'm going to wait on nsxsc.com.

As far as the Who Posted Last hack for 5.47, I can email you the instructions, just email me.

Bill

It was a royal pain in the butt. I heard that 6.1 is more stable, but 6.2 will have some cool stuff built-in, like "who's online" and "instant messaging".
THAT would be an excellent feature to have.

As far as the Who Posted Last hack (this sounds so bad), as Justin said, you get to see if anyone has posted after you.

Lud, I certainly hope that this is something that you would think about, and doesn't create much work for you. John

Back