• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Late night drag race

[Khuang,
What was your experience with Supra TT? I've liked the car since '94

I e-mail you privately as this is the NSX forum.

I can add misspelling your handle to that list as well.
smile.gif

I know.

I hope everyone understands that this is all in good fun - no reason we can't kid around while we're having our discussion, right?
cool.gif

WHAT!!! HOW DARE YOU!!! Kidding.
smile.gif

I've enjoyed this forum so far. People got into some pretty heated battles back on the vette forum (Z06 vs. ZR1) I haven't seen too much of that here. All in good fun.

I'm still in my early mod phase since I just bought the car. Only an intake and exhaust on it. Not for long.

Question, why haven't I seen anyone with a torque converter on thier NSX on this forum? It tends to be a common mod for those who want to improve their times. Adding a converter when upgrading gears is common with other cars. Is there a particular reason why this may be a bad idea on an NSX???

Originally posted by Khuang:
[Khuang,
What was your experience with Supra TT? I've liked the car since '94

I e-mail you privately as this is the NSX forum.

Obviously his experience is not better then the NSX's because he sold the sup TT for it...
wink.gif

My best friend owns a custom car shop. He drives a C-5.. I've raced him lots with my car stock and no NOS.. I kicked his butt. He has the hard-top lightweight coupe.

Why did I beat him. Driving. I didn't spin the wheel all through first, I shifted fast and where the gears where most optimal. If we were to keep going, he would have passed me up like I was standing still.

So much depends on the driver. If they can't keep the momentum of a good start, their car will seem slower than somebody else who could drive a little better. Had nothing to do with difference in power. Also Vette's are VERY different when in comes to comparing An automatic to a standard. We've dynoed about 50 vettes. Seen many differences. Stock Auto to stick. The auto loses about 25 hp to the wheels. Auto tranny eats up more hp. and with the taller gearing, it slows it down even more. just more racing factors to consider.

My best 1/4 time when completely stock, sea level- cool outside 60F. (Houston Raceway Park) '91 NSX ALL stock - 13.268 @104.5mph 1.9 60' time. My best when I first got the car, 13.9. Did the car get faster? NOPE, I did. : )

------------------
Stock gears, stock everything - custom intake made by me and a couple of Borla mufflers welded in line. Lots of NOS.. Custom Crappy clutch.. Still goes fast. Falling apart at the same time. I'm fixing everything soon though (Dented fender un-painted spoiler)

You're right on about the auto gearing vs. manual. The autos have 3.15 vs. a 3.42 differential. In fact, the 3.15 on the auto is an option. Otherwise you get a 2.XX something. What a dog. I guess they figure if you're buying auto, you want a cruiser and don't care that much about speed anyway.
strange way to see it IMO.
I've driven an auto vette. I couldn't believe the difference between it and an M6. Night and Day.

My best 1/4 time when completely stock, sea level- cool outside 60F. (Houston Raceway Park) '91 NSX ALL stock - 13.268 @104.5mph 1.9 60' time.

Is that on street tires, that is hooking up.

I am 99% positive I ran into you in Houston at a restaurant parking lot. I was there for the Houston TX Supra Meet and the drag racing event was sunday. It was crazy, my friend and I both have a NSX but we were at a Supra meet. I drove 800 miles in my Supra that was already sold and my friend flew down 2200 miles.

You are the one that cut your springs and the car sits really really low, right?

Originally posted by Khuang:

You are the one that cut your springs and the car sits really really low, right?

I hope you don't mean that someone cut their springs on an NSX?

Yep! That's me.

Yes,I cut the springs. Not only does it lower the car, it also changes the spring rate. Worse? Not at all, I have the adjustable Koni Yellows. Tuned it perfectly. My G-tech measured 1.02 maximum G's on Street tires with that set up (Dali Bars)

I've upgraded with a stage II NOS kit since then.

Yeah, we were meating at Mason Jar off of I-10. I remember meeting you.

Back