• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Late Update...

Hello all,

I know some are wondering about my motor and so fourth, so I will fill you in. As most know my motor went to science of speed for a stage 2. While the motor was there the car was sitting out back of Barrie Acura under a car cover. It sat there for about 2 months untouched, and motorless. Some ass decided to smoke near my car, dropped the butt, and it SOMEHOW blew in to the tarp and the tarp caught fire. The forensic cop, and supervisor couldn't believe my luck. I could because I have bad luck! Needless to say the car was written off. My battle with the insurance company has recently ended. They gave me the motor due to the fact that they just didn't want to deal with it. I don't blame them. I didn't want to say anything about the accident until all was siad and done. I was running around like a madman getting receipts, model numbers etc etc. So I apologize for the late update...

Regards,

Omer

Holy crap man... that really sucks! I had my car written off this year as well... R.I.P NSX's!

Will you be getting another one? I bought a 2000 NSX-T in New Hampshire a couple months back... feels good to be in the driver's seat once again :biggrin:

Wow, just wow. Thats the craziest story I have ever heard!

What kind of tarp was it? One of those vinyl jobbers or a fitted car cover? I can't believe the thing could go up in flames like that?

...so i guess my offer to buy your interior is moot?

Anyways, chin up. I hope this doesn't discourage you from getting back into another NSX. Maybe this can be looked at as a positive thing in a way. The next car will make you forget all about this one.

RIP Turbo NSX... :frown:

Wow Omar!

Since you know what happened, I can only assume that you know who did it. I supose that if thats what happened, you'd have the guy given that no one has axcess to dealers lots except for employees, and a covered car in flames is noticed pretty quickly, so the guy(s) would have still been around when it was noticed.

So Im assuming that this is the dealer's insurance covering this then?

How did the car lite up like that? The tarp would burn, but Ive never heard of an external fire getting into the car and the engine bay. Wouldnt the tarp just blow away? And wouldnt the fire be looking to spread AWAY from the car, not into it? Weird things happen I guess. What are the odds?

There was a low mileage silver 91 in BC that burned to the ground. The owner left it in his driveway and went to Jamaica or some place for vacation. His father was home looking after things but some punk came by and saw the car in the driveway with the Acura car cover on it and lit it on fire.
The owner had no insurance but he sold what was left for around 10k.

Since you know what happened, I can only assume that you know who did it. I supose that if thats what happened, you'd have the guy given that no one has axcess to dealers lots except for employees, and a covered car in flames is noticed pretty quickly, so the guy(s) would have still been around when it was noticed.

The lot didn't have any fences or cameras. It was parked in the back.

So Im assuming that this is the dealer's insurance covering this then?

Most likely. That between my insurance and Barrie Acura's.

How did the car lite up like that? The tarp would burn, but Ive never heard of an external fire getting into the car and the engine bay. Wouldnt the tarp just blow away? And wouldnt the fire be looking to spread AWAY from the car, not into it? Weird things happen I guess. What are the odds?

Apprently a cigarette butt was caught at the bottom of the tarp driver side. The fire went directly up, got so hot it popped the driver window and went in from there. The fire never spread into the engine bay. I wish the tarp blew away but it was strapped on. I'm not an expert in fire, all I know is that my baby is gone in the worst way...

Holy crap. :frown:

Anything at all to recover or is all lost?

Holy crap. :frown:

Anything at all to recover or is all lost?

All Lost...:frown:

Yikes Omar - so you know who caused this accident? Was it an employee?

Not sure who caused the accident. I wouldn't doubt an employee. Science of Speed sent me a PDF explaining the poor workmanship at Barrie Acura. I was supposed to have a meeting with the service advisor, manager, and the NSX tech, but this happened. So we never got a chance to discuss anything.

Id still book that meeting to discuss how you're getting free cars for the foreseeable future!

No f**king kidding. Been following your build and was astonished that your NSX was lost this way. You have every right to be pissed and every right to expect reasonable compensation for your loss and trouble.

Back