• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Latest Road & Track on NSX...

The latest Road and Track (Sept?) has a lot on the NSX.

First there's yet another artist's conception on the upcoming 2002 update. The basic changes seem to be the exposed curvy headlights ala RSX (which we've heard and seen before), a bigger-taller real wing (uh-oh!!!), revised taillights, and possibly a minor increase in HP to possibly 300. Based on the artist's conception, which are always suspect, the rear wing and tailights look horrible in my opinion. I sure hope the artist is wrong.

The next NSX news was the all new car coming in 2003 or 2004. Again another artist's conception, which I do like, and the oft mentioned rumor about a 4.5L i-VTEC V8. We'll see. Seems like Toyota might do something in this space so Honda's getting motivated.

The last thing was a review of that new PS game. Much ado about the NSX in the game.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

I finally saw that road and track. The rear end of that NSX is TERRIBLE. They better not do that! The front looks good, but I personally dont care for the "bubble" lights. I would prefer them to be flush with the surface. Going to 300 HP would be nice, but the Porsche 911 is getting bumped to 320 this year - so it would be nice for the NSX to compete.

The new NSX drawing looks an awful lot like that Toyota GT supercar that was in Ampersand not too long ago. I really like how that looks. Very exotic. And the V8 would be a great improvement. The thing I really liked about the article is that it said Honda is really going after the exoitcs with the next gen NSX. So lets hope it will tear up the 360! (which is supposed to go to a 4.0 L 450 HP v8 next year!!)

Everyone go check out the article and post your thoughts!

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

I saw the new design of the nsx, and it looks spunky, but I grew up loving the current design and it will be a while before they come up ith a new design that will make me revert to a new one. I love the current design soooooooooo much.

Can anyone with the latest R&T scan in the pics for all to see?

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

Well, actually what has been consistent is that the next model year NSX will have exposed, non-popup type headlights ala the RSX. That seems to be a done deal.

It also seems to be a done deal that there will be a next generation NSX.

That's great news because at an annual sales level of several hundred units the continuation of the NSX could have been somewhat iffy.

Now all we need to know are the details. V6 or V8 and will it look nice or crappy?

-Jim

------------------

It will have a choice between a "four on the floor" (four-speed manual with a white ball shift knob) or a three-speed automatic.

It will also come with a pair of fuzzy dice color-matched to the interior.

I'm hoping for the 3-spd manual on the column! Now that rocks!

------------------
Todd Arnold
NSXotic.gif

http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

http://www.geocities.com/busybeetoys/scoop/edn-36.htm

Yet another rendering of the 2002 NSX face and butt lift as well as the next generation.

-Jim

------------------

I looked at the pics of the NSX 2003... computer generated? probably.
However, if this is a sign of what's coming from Honda/Acura, I'll be standing in line to be one of the first few to purchase one. I'm a huge fan of NSX's, however my pockets weren't very deep when I was younger, so I settled for a late model M3.

Somehow the mock up reminds me of a Ferrari, combined with an older model of the Mitsubishi Eclipse, with RSX headlights.

------------------
-Xinc

I'll be standing in line to be one of the first few to purchase one.

If this is what they look like, "few" may turn out to be a very appropriate word.

Personally I really like the way the pic looks of the 2003 model.
Mock up of the car? yes, it probably is.

It's got nice lines, kinda reminds me of the G2 Mitsubishi Eclipse, along with a hint of Ferrari design.

I for one not actually owning an NSX myself, although I have been a fan since it's release; would really like to be one of the first few in line to purchase such a supercar.

If it indeed performs, or looks similar to the pic, I'd get the car no matter what.
Also by that time I'd have settled down, and have money to make such a gigantic purchase. :P

Long live the NSX!!!
One of the greatest supercars of our time.

Back