• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Leather Seat Replacements (OEM)

Looking to buy an NSX. Seats look weathered. Does anyone know the best place to get OEM replacement leather so I can get this car looking PERFECTLY OEM as if it were never touched/replaced?

What's the best way to approach this?

You can still get OEM leather from Acura. Its about 1200 per seat. There are several aftermarket leather vendors. Just do a search.

I would post up a thread in your local forum and ask for a recommendation for a good upholstry shop and have them re-covered. You can have the centers done with perforated leather like the newer models if you want.

What Big D said, and it will look great and be cheaper than buying OEM replacement leather. If you do a search you'll see some fantastic upholstered projects.

Where can I get OEM for only 1200 per seat? Best I could find was 1800 per seat? Unless I can see some before and after, I'd be real hesitant about using a shop to replicate beause I'm the kind of person, it has to look 100 factory original or a I won't be happy - to the finest detail. I see leatherseats.com has a kit and they recommend Nappa for the closest match. They said they could get the same material as Japan used for more money but.....at that point, I found that it's close enough to Acura's prices, might as well get them there.

Back