• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Leather Seat Skin Replacement

I purchased an Nsx that was neglected and some of the socal Nsxr's have seen it, the seats were in bad shape so i decided to hit up this company that makes skins for other cars and see if they can help me.
I gave them my old skins and they used them as templates and made some skins for me that i think are very nice.
Now that they have the template they can produce more and take custom orders as well, I got mines with perforated inserts and custom stitch.
If anyone is interested in these i can put a group buy together and get all the orders sent in with them.
I will have the skins with me at the meet up in Costa Mesa tomorrow thursday Sep 6th if anyone wants to come check them out and express interest in getting some as well.
Here's some pics of the ones i ordered and arrived today!

Update: Pics of passenger seat skin replaced

Attachments

• Skins.jpg
    Skins.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 632
  • Skins 2.jpg
    Skins 2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 525
  • Skins 3.jpg
    Skins 3.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 488
  • Skins 4.jpg
    Skins 4.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 478
  • Skins 5.jpg
    Skins 5.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 490
  • Skins 6.jpg
    Skins 6.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 473
  • IMAG3907.jpg
    IMAG3907.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 575
  • IMAG3908.jpg
    IMAG3908.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 508
  • IMAG3910.jpg
    IMAG3910.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 439
  • IMAG3911.jpg
    IMAG3911.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:
Hey guys, well I was gonna PM with info but i rather do it here so everyone that sees this will know.
I don't exactly know how they compare with leatherseats.com product but we all know there is not only one place that offers a product so i sourced this company and i got a sweet deal because they used my skins as template.
First you need to know they are 100% Leather all around not just front and rear vinyl.
I was able to get a price of $650 for both skins in all leather for anyone that would like a set.
I got my set perforated inserts so if you want them solid with no perforation take $50 off that price. Also Custom color stitch as i did mines are free so you can have any color if you like. Like i said i will be taking there today at the Costa Mesa meet so you can look at them off and then on my seats hopefully over the weekend.

Depending on the quality of the leather, the price is intriguing. Please post up pics after install and please comment on the quality.

Yeah, price wise this is substantially less than leatherseats.com . Can you PM me the shops information? I will want a custom job in the future with seats other than OEM ones.

Yeah, price wise this is substantially less than leatherseats.com . Can you PM me the shops information? I will want a custom job in the future with seats other than OEM ones.

Am I missing something? Black on black/perforated covers from leatherseats are 679. 650 isn't a whole lot less. Unless leatherseats is per cover?

And how do you know this was their GOOD stuff?

Where are the installed pics? Thread is useless w/o them. :rolleyes:

What are you talking about? We are talking about leatherskins.com good stuff, their stuff is more expensive depending on which type of leather you go with. I don't know about WldNSX yet until he gets it installed and takes photos.

Thanks for sourcing out another option, I am interested but like others have mentioned, would like to see pic of these installed.
Thanks.

And how do you know this was their GOOD stuff?

Where are the installed pics? Thread is useless w/o them. :rolleyes:

Useless to you but helpful to others, Like i said i will post pictures of everything . the process how im doing the install even tho there is a thread here for it, and also picture of final product installed.
I want to do this right and since the car is 21yrs old i want to change the foam so it can be firm and snugg so this will delay final product pictures.

Thanks for sourcing out another option, I am interested but like others have mentioned, would like to see pic of these installed.
Thanks.

Exactly what i wanted to do, source another option and since economy is bad there is always someone willing to do it for less.
I did this for me and why not pass this to you guys if you are interested, not my personal gain but my way of contributing to the community.

I too, would like the shop's info. My driver's seat is getting a little worn.

interested as well. is the 650 figure just one time because they used your skin as template? or that's going to be the price point we look at as well?

also, probably a bit OT, but would be great if there are good resources for good foam replacement as well

Last edited:
I have used a set of leatherseats.com replacements and had great luck with them. Fit, finish and all Leather.
Though I am sure this company can also put a good product together. The key is the installation. I did mine myself, using zip ties instead of hog rings, it was simple but tedious.

this looks like its worth a try. if it saves on cost i woudln't even mind if the rear was vinyl, imo it really does not matter as the back of the seat will never see any action.

wildnsx can you verify or not if the ebay add is the same company that you went to?

and i believe that Teej is right; to get the mid grade leather that leather seats recommends; you are looking at a grand.

from the basic looks of it this is a significantly cheaper option.

Also, A very important question, how does the quality of leather compare to oem seats?!?!? Does the back of the leather have foam all around ?!? I couldn't help but notice that in that eBay ad; it stated that there is 1/4 1/2 inch of foam on the back of all material that would undoubtedly help a ton

Thank you

Last edited:
Back