• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Leatherique leather restore

I just got my Leatherique 32oz kit. I message the oil into the seats and bagged it with a big black trash bag. After wrapping and everything is done, I parked my car out in the sun to create a sauna effect. I will post some pictures and what I think about the product. So far so good :biggrin:

My father uses this stuff on all his cars. It does an amazing job.

I've used this stuff on my M3's nappa leather and absolutely loved it. I'm still iffy on trying it out on the NSX perforated leather though.

Just finished the process of rejuvenating the leather and cleaning it. Then I reapplied the oil because I'm repeating the process to get the maximum results out of the leather softness.

taken with iphone

Attachments

• IMG_1664.jpg
    IMG_1664.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_1666.jpg
    IMG_1666.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_1667.jpg
    IMG_1667.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_1668.jpg
    IMG_1668.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_1671.jpg
    IMG_1671.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_1672.jpg
    IMG_1672.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_1676.jpg
    IMG_1676.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_1677.jpg
    IMG_1677.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_1678.jpg
    IMG_1678.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_1679.jpg
    IMG_1679.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 255
For what its worth, I did my seats two winters ago in much the same way, with 3 seperate "rejuvinating massages" and the plastic treatment each time with about 4 days between each. Being that it was winter up here, I opted to put a very small space heater on low setting in a "cacoon " around the seats made from a matress bag. (seats were obviously out of car) all while in the garage.

They were starting to get a bit dry and stiff feeling before I did this...,and this made them feel like soft butter-very happy with results, very pliable, with no creasing . This past winter I just one quick refresher application with seats in car and did the garbage bag thing on them....really happy with this stuff again...but they were still pretty good from the treatment the winter prior.

Some threads in the past talked about a residue on the seats or oily feel because of not being true leather, but I had no problem at all....after oil kind of soaked in over the 4 days, I thoroughly dried and buffed them with a cloth, and did them again 2 more times. Each time it used less oil....pretty much used up my supply of rejuvinator oil though.

I am really sold on this stuff. that being said, for the price, it will be NSX only. I have used lexol on my TL and MDX from day one, and like that treatment also.... We used the lexol on our living sofa recently and it was amazing how it cleaned it, and the brought it back to the look and feel of new. Will stay with lexol on those vehicles due to cost of leatherique...

Nice testimony. Can someone point me to the best price on this stuff? I'm interested in trying it out as the seats in my 99 and 97 are a little dry. I've been using Lexol but that seems to only temporarily address the problem (haven't tried it with the garbage bag method yet though). Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Nice testimony. Can someone point me to the best price on this stuff? I'm interested in trying it out as the seats in my 99 and 97 are a little dry. I've been using Lexol but that seems to only temporarily address the problem (haven't tried it with the garbage bag method yet though). Thanks. :)

if you buy at, http://www.autopia-carcare.com/, i could get you 20% off. the promo code when you checkout is, lea-autopia20

it only works on leatherique products. it pretty much covers the shipping and half the tax. :smile:

Last year i read every single post if could find on several forums about Leatherique and since all but a couple of folks loved it, it gave it a go and followed the directions to the letter under normal temp and hum conditions. Yes it did soften although i don't know if it softened more than say a Lexol, but i did decide i hate this product. Too gummy, too hard to get off and still having sheen variations/spotchiness issues to this date. Never use it again. Just not worth the huge effort and spotchiness is not acceptable. IF i believed that it did a significantly better job of penetrating and protecting it might be different. But with our treated leather, there is only so much we can do. JMO

I wonder if anyone has considered that this "gummy" residue that I keep hearing about is whatever other leather treatment combined with the dirt & gradu that the Rejuvenator is pulling out of the leather. After all, their website says, "This is simply the dirt, grime, air pollution, perspiration, salts and other toxins that have floated out of the leather to the surface.", makes sense that it would pull out any remnants of any other treatment as well.

Personally, I've never had this problem and I bet I've used Leatherique in 5-6 different cars.

I wonder if anyone has considered that this "gummy" residue that I keep hearing about is whatever other leather treatment combined with the dirt & gradu that the Rejuvenator is pulling out of the leather. After all, their website says, "This is simply the dirt, grime, air pollution, perspiration, salts and other toxins that have floated out of the leather to the surface.", makes sense that it would pull out any remnants of any other treatment as well.

Personally, I've never had this problem and I bet I've used Leatherique in 5-6 different cars.

Well doing the whole system certainly takes any dirt residue out so any residue left is clean clean. My car has only had lexol and not much of that, only 26k and had very little filth to start with. IMO Leatherique needs uncoated leather so there is a place for it go. Otherwise too much of it stays on top. Yes if you rub till theres no tomorrow, most of the gumbiness goes away. And most apparently LIKE this "coating" that i call gummy. Since our leather is coated and my guess is it doesn't breath very much, a more natural and easy to remove treatment makes sense to me. Just my results of course.

Back