• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

LED DRLs

I see many LED DRLs on e-bay and other web sites. Are either the Hella Daylines or the Philips LED Daylight 8 really worth the 2-3 hundred bucks the cost? I dont want to cheap out on my new NSX but I figure the guys on this site would know what is best for our cars. Thx MrSpidy

I see many LED DRLs on e-bay and other web sites. Are either the Hella Daylines or the Philips LED Daylight 8 really worth the 2-3 hundred bucks the cost? I dont want to cheap out on my new NSX but I figure the guys on this site would know what is best for our cars. Thx MrSpidy

i have no clue, but I'm actually thinking about buying a Phillips set. All the reviews I've read say they're really bright even in the day like the oem ones that come on modern cars.

I built mine myself and mine are integrated into my front turn signals. It was NOT that expensive to get together. I'm not sure why they up-charge from the cost of materials and assembly time so much but they certainly do! Also I'm not a fan of the DTR lights than are mounted in the vent below the turn signals.

I have been watching the progress on the tails very nice! I like the look but think the sequential part should be slowed down a bit, it happens to fast. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Where did you buy the front clear lights? Or did you tear apart the stock ones?<o:p></o:p>

Haha the sequential part is actually from the leftover charge and the split second when both relays are connected at once so theres no slowing it down. I would like to get rid of it actually. If I was better with programing I would set it up on purpose and have it go slower through the turn sections. I just used my stock front turn signals, but they are a huge pain to take apart without cracking. Next time I'll just cut them apart with a dremel tool. I tried the hot knife and all that and ended up cracking them. I pretty much did the same thing to make the front ones and the tails, but the wiring on the front turns are WAY more simply wired! I also still need to put a load on the front LED's to add some resistance and slow the blink down even more.

Last edited:
Back